Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much can you barbell curl?

Garza

I am 17, I can curl 90 for 6 reps, I can do more than that but thats the most I have ever done. (It was the last set in a workout) Is that decent? (I know this sounds like a newbie post)

How much can you curl?

I can probably strict curl around 125 for maybe 4-5 reps I guess. Something along those lines. Nothing too great I guess.

:D:D

I have cheat curled 205 though haha lots of low back though.

While in prep for my last contest...about 2 months out...I was doing standing bar curls with my 2" bar. I did 185 for 5 sets of 1 rep. Not building much...only getting use to the heavy weights and the movts for a contest.

Hurt my bi from all the stress between the yoke, gm's, heavy squats, back work, stones, log, etc....haven't trained bi's in about 4 weeks.

B True

I can strictly curl 10 reps on 90lb without swinging my back or moving my elbows at all. Maybe everyone on this board does it correctly but in ten years of training in the gym I have never seen anyone do heavy bicep curls with strict form.

I do it like this, I start with bar touching my hips, I bring it up, shoulders touching my sides, I try not to involve my back at all but sometimes on a last rep thta can happen. Then I lower it down very controlled, maybe 5 second lowering phase. That way I know i'm not cheating. Sometimes, If i know the set will be easy I just go super slow, man that's a killer!

Top Bottom