Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to measure arms....

Johnny V

I was wondering if there is a correct way to measure your arms? I do a tape measue over the top of the peak but when you go straight down there is a divit and that makes teh size smaller. Also it seems to miss measuring any of the tri... Is there a better way so I can feel like I get all of the muscles in the measurement and pump up my stats??

I was wondering if there is a correct way to measure your arms? I do a tape measue over the top of the peak but when you go straight down there is a divit and that makes teh size smaller. Also it seems to miss measuring any of the tri... Is there a better way so I can feel like I get all of the muscles in the measurement and pump up my stats??

The correct way to measure is really the CONSISTANT way that you measure each time, as far as Im concerned. Meaning you always measure the same way so that you can see your actual progress. Becoming more lenient with those measurements can easily add 1/4 inch or more, so its important to try and do it as consistantly the same as possible.

If youve already been charting progress a certain way, then you might want to continue doing it as you have been, for consistancy.

If you switch measuring methods make a note of that change atleast. You can also chart two sets of measurements. One set could be the old way you used to measure, and the second set can be a new way. Important thing is to document those details for your own referrance. The measurement only matters for you.

Measuring the arm diagonal is not a good method in my view. When you do that your arm will likely measure alot larger, but trying to measure peak to peak (tricep peak and bicep peak) is very hard to do each time, in the same way. Its very easy to add numbers that way and get false readings. The tricep is not even flexed when you flex your bicep for the measurement. Keep in mind that arms are not shaped like a perfect cylinder. There are many peaks and divets as you called them. Its almost like measuring a jagged rock. Its never going to be perfect and measure the largest part of each muscle. An arm is made up of more than just the bicep, so you are not going to get maximum tricep contraction and bicep simultaneously, nor line it up perfectly, even if you could flex both, which I do not believe is even possible.

I keep it simple and this has worked for me. I take relaxed measurements of each body part. Then I chart a flexed measurement of each one. I measure around the largest circumference each time. However I keep the tape going around in a straight line, no diagonals.

So for legs, I measure right below the glute fold. For chest/back , high up in the arm pits. Though got to be careful not to get the tape hitched up in the arm pit, giving a false measurement.

For arms , find the largest area within those rules. Meaning you want to find the largest circumference in a straight line around the arm. No diagonals. Its important to keep it straight because when you make it more complicated there is way more room for adding an inch or 1/2 an inch here and there. It will give you a false reading.

Dont worry about pumping up your "stats". The only statistic that matters is if your making personal progress. Its not about what you can tell people your arms measure. That doesnt mean shit. Size doesnt even directly corelate strength. Synthol abusers have massive arms. People wont even be measuring your arms. If they look big, then that should satisfy that urge. Though it really does not matter.

You should also take all measurements cold as well. You can document a pumped measurement but its very inconsistant. If you measure your arms during an arm session, they will be pumped and much larger on the tape. This can vary from session to session. Best to keep things simple and measure cold when charting progress.

KILL THAT SHIT

Top Bottom