Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how do the navy seals or high ranking military train

N

nclifter6feet6

ive seen some of those dudes in the upper ranks and they stay pretty riipped. i know they do alot of cardio but how much exactly per day? i wouldnt mind sacrificing some muscle to stay ripped year round. i was thinking of doing AM and PM cardio everday and hitting the weights 2 times a week, working one bodypart a week reps about 4-8. and eating whatever i want.. suggestions, ideas???

Those guys don't lift at all its all about calisthenics (push-ups, chins, dips, etc) and cardio.. lots of cardio… and a very very clean diet

nclifter6feet6 said:
ive seen some of those dudes in the upper ranks

I think guys tend to get soft as they go up in rank, but yeah, lots of special ops dudes are ripped up pretty good.

Rare individuals who can do intense cardio daily and hit the weights a few times a week and still retain max muscle. I think the guys selected for special ops tend to have good genetics.

Yeah, and a hell of alot of stamina, and motivation. Seals go through that entire Hell Week thing. It's pretty wicked, I know I couldn't last. I've always wanted to try when I got older though, just to test my physical capability.

Hm, I like the idea of callisthenics though. I think I'll try doing alot of that for awhile. Anyone know any other good body-weight exercises besides:

Push-ups, Sit-ups, Pull/Chin-ups, leg raises, dips

I've been looking for a website but I still can't find one with a list of callisthenics. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Well I can tell you that my close friend is ex-Delta Force(before that Green Beret,Ranger) and he and all his Delta buddies lift. Oh and as far as "hell week"- that isn't shit in the overall scheme of things. I am so tired of hearing how great the SEALS are. My buddy was telling me that there were 3 SEALS in his Ranger class and they were talking all this big shit about how great they were and how great there training was compared to the Army, well after 30 days 1 finished and the other two recycled thru the program. Apparently most people think hell week makes SEALS the toughest guys in the world or something. Do some research and you will find that although SEALS have some tough training(which I personally would not want to go through) there are tougher Spec Ops guys. SEALS are overhyped in my opinion. Its like peope aren't aware of all the other Spec Ops units or something. Shit, after seeing Combat Missions last year with Scott Helveston I would say allot of SEALS are jerkoffs. He gave them a bad name. Guy was ripped though. Back to the point- most of those guys do lift and they do cardio 7 days a week. As for diet I wouldn't call it "clean" since they eat MRE's fairly often during training and they are far from "clean". Most of these guys have the gentics for it to begin with. Some people just stay ripped all year long without doing much. They are constantly active so I'm sure that helps keep them lean.

yeah i meant the speacial operation people not upper ranks. and they are ripped. they do hit the weights also. but mainly cardio from what i hear. they can run 10 miles a day at like a 7 minite pace ive heard. i just wish i could have like a full routine of what they do. im shure the military has the best training (maybe not to be a bodybuilder but to be in best shape). ive seen some of those guys there about 6feet tall and about 190-200 pounds but ripped to shreds!

Top Bottom