Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with making a short workout?

SuperShredder

hey guys, ive been working carpentry the past few months and i need help making a short workout i can do a few times a week.
anyone got any ideas?

Supershredder, I feel your pain, bro. I have done everything from ditch digging, to land demolition, to warehouse work and even a little framing. My suggestion would be to follow a routine like:

Day 1:
Bench press (BB or DB)-warm-up, 2 working sets 6-8
Incline bench press(BB or DB)-2X6-8
DB flyes-2X10
pushdowns-2X10
DB or BB ext.-2X10
BB curls-2X8
hammer curls-2X10

Day 2:
pull-ups-4 sets to failure
BB rows-2X6-8
DB rows-2X6-8
military press (BB or DB)-2X10
side raises-2X10
bent-over raises-2X10

Day 3:
squats-warm-up, 2 working sets of 10
leg press-2X10
leg ext.-2X10
lying leg curls-2X10
calf raises-2X15
seated calf raises-2X15

I would recommend the low-volume, because I think its the best overall strategy, but also because it will enable you to have adequate recovery because of the physical labor that you are doing all day.
I also excluded deadlifts, upped the reps for legs/delts, and lessened the biceps/forearms exercises because theses movements/muscles are what you use all day long at work.
Time, being any issue, I would recommend resting 90 seconds between sets. You also do not need cardio because of your work. Good luck.

blondbomber - thanx bro this looks like a perfect workout. i also agree low volume would be best, since ya get a pretty decent workout at work too and wouldnt wanna over train.

Top Bottom