Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

grip strength/forearm size?

Wrist Curls will help forearm size.

Standing Wrist Curls - dumbbel or barbell
Seated Wrist Curls - dumbbel or barbell
Behind The Back Wrist Curls - barbell
Reverse Wrist Curls barbell - barbell

Look her for a full list and form guide:
http://www.ast-ss.com/training/exercises/arms/arm-intro.asp

Hope that helps,

H.

--------------------------------------------------------
A Man Is Only As Faithful As His Options

This is a complex one so read carefully.

In one hand pick up the heaviest weight you can. stand up. with your arm hanging to your side......hold on to the weight till you cant no more. then pick up a lighter weight and repeat.

another hard one.
on a chinup bar/the rafters in your garage(in my case) grap hold of it. and HANG off it till you cant no more.

Also challenge the grip of your hand by changing the width of the bar you use. I have seen pads you can get to increase the width. There are also some funky lock things you can buy (havent seen them/used them) try wearing gloves.......not wearing gloves.....wearing gloves......not wearing gloves.

another thing ivanko (spelling?) make a hand gripper exercise machine. Like the old school ones in the york plastic range........but i think these are better and adjustable.
Having trouble finding them in australia......gonna look harder or just order them.
:bawling: ( do you know how crappy the australian dollar is?)
hope that helped

Last edited:
I usually do Hammer Curls and Zottman Curls for forearm. I dont know anything about improving grip strenght, but my best bet would be to do static contractions.

Use thick bars for everything.
Do farmer's walks
Buy a CoC gripper and use it
Go to www.ironmind.com and look around

B True

try an old exercise known as thor's hammer

you pick up basically a hammer.... or a dumbell with weight only on one side...... hold your forearm parallel to then ground and rotate it 180 degrees from the right to the left....... lee priest also recomends doing these..... he has 17 1/2 inch forearms

also dead lifts and pull ups are wonder full for strength

and supersetting wrist curls with wrist extenions will blow the heck out of them.

Originally posted by b fold the truth... Buy a CoC gripper and use it

Damn, I've been gripping my CoC for years and haven't noticed any strength increases at all... must be doing something wrong ;)

I pretty much agree with what was mentioned before. Basically holding a heavy weight for as long as you can for reps is going to help.

Drifter, are you kidding? Surely you are about the CoC gripper....from ironmind? Maybe not training on it properly... ahhhhhh haaaaaaaaa I get it!!!! ha ha

B True

Top Bottom