Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts and Squats = Larger Waist? [HELP NEEDED]

TheManiacHolder

I read on another form and did some research, and it says that Deadlifts and Squats makes your waist bigger.

I'm an endomorph, so I got naturally big waist and hips and legs, I'm trying to lose some fat and try to slim it down a bit, but it's a bit disheartening when I hear Deadlifts and Squats actually make it worse.

Would Front Squats be a ok alternative to Back Squats so that the hips/waist are less involved? What about deads?

My body looks like this atm:

Y8oEE.png

Horrible I know, 28% bodyfat. I'm going to low my bodyfat and add a lot of muscle, but I'm worried it'll make my waist/hips much more larger if I do Squats and Deadlifts, which'll make me look worse :/

Any help?

I don't believe it matters, if your do get bigger, it's going to be due to gaining muscle in those areas not fat either way...

Squats and Deads take a lot of energy if done to your limit and properly.. and will burn off lots of calories

If your diets right you will get slimmer... it's all about the diet.

I would start worrying about this when you have years and years of lifting under your belt and you are getting to a point where you are squatting and pulling massive numbers and eating 5000+ kcals a day and taking drugs like GH that combined can result in what some people refer to as 'powerlifter's gut', until then the benefits of performing these movements far far outweigh any potential negatives. Forget about your body type, it's a cop out, you have a large waist because you have a lot of body fat. Squatting and deadlifting will add size to your midsection in the form of muscle (abs, obliques, lower back), this is a good thing no matter what your body type.

It happens at lower strength levels as well. The majority of women powerlifters I have seen or trained with, have a larger waist than they would have had without training. You can always wear a belt, the OG bodybuilders wore them. I never wear a belt, but I want to have a strong back and always pride myself with lifting raw.....

It happens at lower strength levels as well. The majority of women powerlifters I have seen or trained with, have a larger waist than they would have had without training. You can always wear a belt, the OG bodybuilders wore them. I never wear a belt, but I want to have a strong back and always pride myself with lifting raw.....

see

everything contradicts

see

everything contradicts

That's not a contradiction, he is virtually reiterating what I was saying. Women powerlifters by definition will have lower strength levels because men are stronger than women, it doesn't mean they are not lifting big numbers relative to their gender! I think women tend to have wider hips and waists than men genetically anyway so any added muscle or growth in the gut will be more noticeable.

Anyway if you are worried about it then like has been mentioned above, wear a belt.

I only do front squats 3x8 once a week, and I deadlift 3x5 every 2 weeks, do you think it'd really make a noticabele difference to my waist without a belt?

How would a belt help? ty

Top Bottom