Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheating

No cheating ! All movements should be strict and done with correct form and function. Using the proper amount of weight and strict correct form will give you better results with less injuries. No one is impressed by more weight if your jerking it around like a clown with his ass hung in a bucket !

some people would watch the way i work my biceps and calves and think i am cheating but really all I am trying to accomplish there is breaking up muscle fibers and creating a nice pump which will get nitrogen and blood into the muscle to aid growth.

also with dips I work out sometimes with a cross fit guy who does everything by the book.. full extension up and then all the way down for X amount. with me I don't care about how many I do i just want to again break up those muscle fibers and that doesn't always mean going full extention.

when it comes to compound lifts and going heavy I always use 100% proper form.

I never cheat on legs or heavy compound movements because of the risk of injury. I will cheat (a little) if I am trying to grunt out a couple more reps in the last set or two for upper body like bis or tris. Unfortunately, for some core exercises I find it nearly impossible to keep perfect technique all the way to the end, but maybe that's just me.

Can't cheat if you're a weightlifter xD So no, I don't cheat (not that I would even if I could). You gotta squat ATG as a weightlifter, and you always have to lift with proper form. Even clean and jerking a PR isn't good enough for me if the form was really bad, because if I can't clean and jerk something with proper form, then moving up with weight becomes very hard. With proper form, however, it goes very smooth. I emphasize form/technique a lot, but of course you have to as a weightlifter.

Honestly I try to never ever cheat. If I cheat on a rep, the set is over.

Was funny - was training at a new gym the other day with a lady friend. I never said anything but she commented that I was using much lower weights than the other guys there but was easily the biggest. I pointed out how everyone was swinging the weights around or doing 1/4 reps.

Quality > Quantity

Cheating is essential for getting the most out of your workout...expecially if ut looking for ridiculous strength gains and ripping thorugh barriers...I do cheat curls all the time. I curl 85 lbs dumbbells strictly but once I get closer to 100 lbs dumbbells I cheat...I've curled 120 lbs dumbbells before for 4-6 reps...no way you're going to do that strict...and I get asked all the time how'd you get arms so big....cheating that's how.

Cheating has allowed me to go from doing 60 lbs curls strictly to 85 lbs strictly

Top Bottom