Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can squatting with the Smith machine still be effective?

SMS

Ever since my heria, I'm a little apprehensive about going to the squat rack. I was wondering how effective my leg workout can be using the smith machine instead. It's a little nicer because it provides some much needed stablization that I need.

You are still going to be going through all the normal motions with out using the smith machine so yes. You will find that you na tend to do more weight with the smith because of the stability that the bar gives. But all muscle groups will still be worked.

The smith works great, eventually your tear ( hernia ) will heal and you will be back to normal, Did the same thing about two years ago and I feel find, except now my arm hurts:) :) :) different injury

If I don't have a spotter, I use Smith Machine, and even, it's not as challanging as free weight squats, it's still very effective.
Actually, I had some better workout with Smith, cuz of better sense of being free from injury.

I also use smith machine frequently. I get great pumps.
I work out alone so I can't really do squats or bench press by myself.

:splat:

It's kind of nice that the smith machine I use is kind of old, in that, the bar has some freedom to sway a bit. I tried some new one that gives no room to move, and it seems to constrictive. One reason why I don't want to squat free is that I'm unsure what will happen once my hernia tears completely. I don't want to fall over or anything!

I guess I'm kind of fucked up because the smith machine somewhat limits my natural range of motion to do a truly comfortable squat... Seems to create much pressure in various parts of the body. Maybe just not use to it (?)

It is kind of like getting laid using a rubber…
Your getting laid but it just ain't natural…

While the smith machine can be used to blow out you quads, I would rather do front squats.

If your injured, do what works but ultimately go back to free squatting…

Just My Opinion...

Top Bottom