Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building Static Strength for Back?

ok i see, you are having the pillsbury problem, basically your legs are locking out before the bar is even off the ground, thus eliminating all your leg power and making it a really dangerous and heavy sld

the good news is that if you pull 455 with that dogshit form you have the strength to pull 555 with proper leg drive....there are many fixes to this problem....if i were you I would start strengthening the bottom of the deadlift, that is what you are struggling with, and do more weighted core work....

to hit the bottom try speed deads, deads from blocks (the bar is lower), one hand deads, stiff arm pulls (basically a deadlift and a power shrug put together where you pull under conrtol and then explode from the knee)

Ok I see, So it could be weak abs and obliques? I'll definetely do speed deadlifts. What about deads from the block... they start at the middle of the shin?

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the upper back there. You're missing hip strength. Dimels, dimels, dimels. :)

What's the Spatt's motto for hip recruitment when deadlifting? Anyone? Rojas?

F*CK THE BAR!

You really think dimels will help..... and maybe sumo deadlifts?

spatts said:
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the upper back there. You're missing hip strength. Dimels, dimels, dimels. :)

What's the Spatt's motto for hip recruitment when deadlifting? Anyone? Rojas?

I have the same problem with hip drive, rev. What's helped me is not to just pull up the weight, but to visualize myself doing a squat with the weight in my hands. Think of your hands as hooks, and try to use hip drive to move the bar.

Practice with light weight and you'll see what I'm talking about.

thank you mike. It is hard to switch the weight to line up with the heels though because the shins don't let you. Otherwise I know what you are talking about. But the problem is that the bar is so far in front of the body, that it is very hard not to let the back take over the lift.

dimels look groovy. Will definitely try them out as an accessory hip move (if I can peel myself away from my beloved pull-throughs). Those of you who've tried it: any strain on the low back?

Your lower back should stay tightly arched the whole time, this is a hip move. If it hurts your lower back, you've found your other weakness.

spatts said:
Lats rounding in? Sounds like you're having trouble keeping your traps squeezed (shoulder blades together) ???
That was my first thought also. Shrugs standing erect and shrugs with a slight forward lean (squeezing up and back, not rotating the shoulders) usually does the trick.

Top Bottom