Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bruises from wrist straps?

I use black cloth straps. Theyre always real tight. Leaves red marks on my wrists that can last a few days. No black and blue though. Probabally wont do too much permanent damage in your case. They last the longest when I exceed 700lbs on the beast lifts off the rack.

4906203November2003edit_001.jpg

ironmind do some nice ones, but if I was giving you training advice, I would say introduce static holds into your routine......develop a grip of iron and never use them again

I get them all the time from straps. Red lines, slight bruises. Never looked like dirt though.....People always just ask me..." Are you alright?!" ..."What happened?!" thinking whatever,....I laugh..... Now at times it does get irrating (the slight pain sometimes/burn) so I went to Sports Authority and got myself a pair of white wristbands. Also, when you wash your wraps, make sure you use fabric softener. if you don't they get hard as Fuk@! Like burlap. Ouch.

Smurfy said:
i havent the foggiest idea how to even use those things.

Maybe you have awesome grip strength and don't need to. My grip sucks.

Do you ever find the bar wants to slip out from your fingers? Even with reverse grip I was struggling to keep my hands closed, it kept ending up that I was holding on by just my fingertips.. Anyway, you might want to try them, I lift significantly more weight for SLDL's with the grips. And they're really cheap too. I asked the guy at the counter where I bought them to show me how to use them, he did a little demo for me on a bar. :)

i dont know how much weight youre using, but i guess either A) i have a strong grip or B) Im not using that much weight. I find I dont have much of a problem keeping my grip solid for the entire set. Then again Im only using like 115 for sets of 12.

Top Bottom