Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yet another PR thread! A BIG step towards that 500lb squat

Tweakle

As a garage trainer I don't get out much, but seeing as my motivation was a little low I decided to visit the gym for my leg day.

Squats

405 for 5
425 for 4
475 for one! PR baby, raw like sushi.
495 couldnt get it out of the hole.

I was training with one of the gyms PL team who said I was at least 2" below parallel so I'm majorly psyched about that

For assistance work I hit the leg press for a 6/6/6 drop set followed by a couple of sets of lunges, with 135 & calf raises to finish.

thanks for reading :)

Nice job. I'd think about adding in some more posterior chain stuff, like gm's, pullthroughs, and glute ham raises, etc.

Yup, good suggestion there. How about doing a few sets of GM's on my deadlift day after DLs? (along with lats, shrugs & rowing) Or would you reccomend doing them on the day I squat instead

Tweakle said:
As a garage trainer I don't get out much, but seeing as my motivation was a little low I decided to visit the gym for my leg day.

Squats

405 for 5
425 for 4

I was training with one of the gyms PL team who said I was at least 2" below parallel so I'm majorly psyched about that

For assistance work I hit the leg press for a 6/6/6 drop set followed by a couple of sets of lunges, with 135 & calf raises to finish.

Holy shit bro! Your fucking strong! 315 feels wobbly for me on the squats! Damn 475 below parralel is fucking sick! Congrats bro!! You got 500 next time!! Awesome!! Inspirational stuff!!!!!

Tweakle said:

Squats

405 for 5
425 for 4

awesome brotha...500 will come for you brotha...keep at that shit!! tb

Thanks guys!

Beast you'll be squatting big weights very soon if you focus on the lift the way you do everything else you do, that 315 will be a warmup in just a matter of months.

My legs have blown the fuck up doing the low rep stuff, all the high rep squatting I religiously did for months didn't add anything in the way of size or strength but I've gone from like 26" to 28" thighs since I started kicking it with the low reps.

Tweakle said:
Thanks guys!

Beast you'll be squatting big weights very soon if you focus on the lift the way you do everything else you do, that 315 will be a warmup in just a matter of months.

My legs have blown the fuck up doing the low rep stuff, all the high rep squatting I religiously did for months didn't add anything in the way of size or strength but I've gone from like 26" to 28" thighs since I started kicking it with the low reps.

ThanX Tweakle!! Still dont squat due to all the deadlifting I do. Your legs are fucking thick too! Awesome!

Top Bottom