Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yaking After Legs??

Newgrl08

Hi Ladies,

A TWO Part Question: I've been reading through some of the posts and seeing a lot of you saying that you 'yak' throw up after legs. Even if you're joking, the point is you work to the point of feeling sick and must see the results. Can anyone reccomend a good leg workout pour moi? More in the lunges squats catagory. I have access to a bosu ball/that other 'ball' limited leg machines. (squat machine that I 'sit in' and push the weight away but it's not plates. I'm currently at a crappy gym!

second part: if you're trying to 'overtrain' legs to get them smaller is their a rule of thumb here? Mine are bigger thighs and I'm not very tall. Plus, I do love running and eventually would like to work toward training for a marathon. Any thoughts on this?

I would use as the leg press machine you have to the best of your ability. Try doing some squats and use a leg extension machine/bench.

My general rule of thumb when training legs is if I can't walk up the stairs, I had a good workout. But that is just me and how I gauge it, others may think that is not a good idea. I train as hard as I can and often end up losing my dinner after leg training. It hurts like hell sometimes.

Do have free weights at your gym or at home? If you do not want size on your legs you could work on bodyweight exercises that will be intense and work the legs but not the fast twitch.

I know you aren't really asking this but I thought this might be a good time to share this thought. Back before I dieted down for my first competition, like you, I thought my legs where HYUGE, till a couple weeks out, (most of the fat and water gone from 'em) I realized that my legs were more like CHICKEN then gorilla. I then saw that I was incorrect that my legs were too MUSCULAR. It was that they were NOT MUSCULAR ENOUGH.

Lotsta years of training like a fool later I have the legs that you see in my current avatar.

I am 5'3" and weigh about a buck 25....

Unless you are taking massive amounts of anabolic agents it will be IMPOSSIBLE to train your legs to the point where they will be as massive and muscular as a mans (I am thinking this is what you want to avoid).

My point is - you should utilize your body's largest muscle group (your legs/glutes) to burn as many calories as possible by making them grow .... not tear them down.

:)

BIKINIMOM said:
I know you aren't really asking this but I thought this might be a good time to share this thought. Back before I dieted down for my first competition, like you, I thought my legs where HYUGE, till a couple weeks out, (most of the fat and water gone from 'em) I realized that my legs were more like CHICKEN then gorilla. I then saw that I was incorrect that my legs were too MUSCULAR. It was that they were NOT MUSCULAR ENOUGH.

Lotsta years of training like a fool later I have the legs that you see in my current avatar.

I am 5'3" and weigh about a buck 25....

Unless you are taking massive amounts of anabolic agents it will be IMPOSSIBLE to train your legs to the point where they will be as massive and muscular as a mans (I am thinking this is what you want to avoid).

My point is - you should utilize your body's largest muscle group (your legs/glutes) to burn as many calories as possible by making them grow .... not tear them down.

:)

LOL, me too.

I was actually quite surprised at how small I was when I took the fat off.

I am still quite small now, I wear a US size 4-8, UK 6-10, depending of course on the clothing manufacturer (bigger up top).

This is one thing my first training partner said to me, and I really think it is true, you get the muscle to 'squeeze' the fat out. The more muscle you have, it is also going to feed on the fat you have above it.

I have posted this several times as I love it so much. It is a CT scan of two women's thighs, the center white bit with red is the femur/thigh bone, the yellow is muscle and the red is fat.

Guess which one trains?

Which one looks smaller?

Tatyana said:
LOL, me too.

I am still quite small now, I wear a US size 4-8, UK 6-10, depending of course on the clothing manufacturer (bigger up top).

This is one thing my first training partner said to me, and I really think it is true, you get the muscle to 'squeeze' the fat out. The more muscle you have, it is also going to feed on the fat you have above it.

I have posted this several times as I love it so much. It is a CT scan of two women's thighs, the center white bit with red is the femur/thigh bone, the yellow is muscle and the red is fat.

Guess which one trains?

Which one looks smaller?

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! I just shared those pics with another woman in the office and to see it in a pic like that sooooooooooooo hit home.

I used to try to explain it to my clients this way: you have a ten pound bag of feathers and a ten pound bag of rocks which bag would take up more space? I mean, they weigh THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT.... don't they? :worried:

Once you see this for yourself with your own body - you never EVER make that mistake again. :heart:

You mean using my own body resistance and doing lunges, squats??

Mo'Muscles said:
Do have free weights at your gym or at home? If you do not want size on your legs you could work on bodyweight exercises that will be intense and work the legs but not the fast twitch.

Very Cool...thank you for that, I hadn't seen it yet!

Tatyana said:
LOL, me too.

Guess which one trains?

Which one looks smaller?

Newgrl08 said:
You mean using my own body resistance and doing lunges, squats??

yeah, but I like everyone elses answers better LOL

I have smaller legs because I am tall. My thighs only measure about 22". I would LOVE to add more muscle on them but have some knee issues from boxing that prevents a significant weight routine.

Top Bottom