Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wrist wraps.....?

I dont know if they work or not but i switched grips to a false grip years ago and never had wrist problems again...

Start doing a lots of wrist work and get some thick bar training. In a few months, your wrists will be much stronger and wont hurt on heavy lifting.

Thanks...after this 5*5 series ill prob concentrate on massive wrist work cause my grip on deads is a lil light also.

From My Droid!

I have a pair of Titan titanium wrist wraps but never use them.

I got 9" but they are pretty small. The next size up is 20".

IMO if you need them then use them. They are a crutch though so only use them if you have to.

Your wrists will become used to the weight and strengthen surprisingly quick. Just give it a little time.

Never use wrist wraps unless it is an absolute necessity or you are competing. Not something you want to use in regular training as they are a crutch.

Alright. I'll get a pair and just use it on maxes and near max lifts. The rest ill just go natural and in the meantime ill be doing a lot of wrist and arm work.

From My Droid!

Some people have small joints and their wrists don't/can't support much weight. In that case not wearing wrist wraps is more trouble than it's worth. If you're only benching like <315 then I would say try to manage without them by strengthening wrists and squeezing the bar as hard as you can during pressing but there will come a point where your wrists aren't getting any stronger and the discomfort or pain is just hindering your performance. It's your call and not really a big deal...

Some people have small joints and their wrists don't/can't support much weight. In that case not wearing wrist wraps is more trouble than it's worth. If you're only benching like <315 then I would say try to manage without them by strengthening wrists and squeezing the bar as hard as you can during pressing but there will come a point where your wrists aren't getting any stronger and the discomfort or pain is just hindering your performance. It's your call and not really a big deal...

Yes I have very small wrists. Until I was around 21 22 I weighed about 135# soaking wet. I'm up to 175# now but certain parts won't grow like ankles and wrists and my frame itself is fairly small especially in shoulders. I'm nowhere near three hundred pounds yet. My max is around 235/245 haven't checked in a while. Working out with 210# hurts my wrists like I have corple tunnel.

From My Droid!

Top Bottom