Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

would like to lose weight in mid section

yepp30

i'm naturally a bigger guy. i've been working out 4 around 5 yrs. now. i've got good strength but i just turned 31 and would like to start to cut some. i really need to lose some love handle's and lower abs. right now i'm in the gym min. of 4x's max of 6x's per wk. i always do 15 to 30 min. of cardio the shorter the time the higher my heart rate. i watch my diet and do nothing real crazy. i have questioned my thyroid but never had it checked. how can i lose the spare tire?

you can't choose where your weight comes off of. Because you are a guy you are genetically programmed to lose weight in certain areas, unfortunetly the belly is the last to go.

mad_monkey59 said:
you can't choose where your weight comes off of. Because you are a guy you are genetically programmed to lose weight in certain areas, unfortunetly the belly is the last to go.

Exactly true. 100%. Spot reduction is a BIG FAT F*CKING MYTH. So take all your ab-doers and thigh-masters and chunk 'em. They're about a useful as a brain aneurysm.

When the number of calories burned are greater than the number of calories consumed, your body will resort to fat deposits. To prevent muscle loss, be sure to keep your protein levels high, drop the carbs (not entirely, though) and eat only low GI carbs (veggies, beans, whole wheat goods, etc.).

Cardio is very important too. Don't kill yourself on the treadmill, but you need to break a sweat.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You have to want it. Good luck!

the guy on the couch said:
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
That's not strictly true. Our horse wouldn't drink so the vet stuck a tube down its nose and poured ten litres straight into its stomach.

Good luck with the spare tyre loss, yepp30. I grew my first one at about that age. Don't let it get settled else it'll be there for years.

Top Bottom