Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Worst Workout Ever

when i was a runner I had a fruit smoothie before a 5K race. it was not a fun experience, dry heaved twice.. then when i drove home i got dizzy and then went into my backyard and threw up the whole smoothie.

after talking to some experienced runners the consensus was a handful of cereal, thats all. and plenty of water. thats all you need... i learned my lesson the hard way.

as far as weightlifting I do not like to workout on a full stomach, or an empty stomach.. as I said above some light fruit, maybe oats, brown rice, a sweet potato. thats all you need.. then after pig out all you want.

why are you drinking half a gallon of water? do you ever watch atheletes or fighters drink water during a competition or fight? hell no they rinse their mouth and spit!

why are you drinking half a gallon of water? do you ever watch atheletes or fighters drink water during a competition or fight? hell no they rinse their mouth and spit!

I was thinking along the same lines. The whole set up made me uncomfortable and I didn't even eat that. The Animal Pak, too much water and the food all at once along with a quart to half gallon of water is just too much.

The point should be to have food in your system not in your stomach bro. Notice everyone on here does not eat like that and run to the gym.

Just advice but I'd eat and wait about an hour or 40 mins and then hit the gym. Leaves enough room for your stim drink to get into your system as well.

Good luck cleaning out your car too. It will stink until you have it professionally washed for sure. My ex wife pikes in my truck one night on our way home from a night out. It wasn't near the amount you spewed inside your car but it reeked something awful.

Mike still gets bonus points for washing off the puke and hitting the gym amid all the, "Good God what died in here!!!" looks he was receiving :D

Someone may have already mensioned this but the way your dieting is where your going wrong. Stuffing your self to the verge of puking every morning is not the way to go. It's a recipe for feeling lethargic, getting fat and health problems. You're trying to force your body to use all this food and it's telling you that it can't make use all of that at once.

Maybe you don't realise during intense exercise your body will vasoconstrictor the blood vessels around your digestive system so that the blood vessels can vasodilate around the muscles your working. This basically means digesting the food in you and taking the energy from it no longer is a priority. So the food you just stuffed into yourself is sitting there throughout your workout, it's not necessarily completely absorbed and utilised to fuel your workout. Especially since oatmeal is one of the slowest digesting sources of carbs out there.

I agree CK.

liquids still have to get digested just like food, so its best to not have a full stomach with even water.

save it for after. just make sure you are hydrated for your activity

Well guys, I wrote this story with the hopes of giving you guys a hopefully funny read.

In my defense I will explain my though process behind my pre workout "diet"

I am new to lifting in the AM, and it is really messing with me, I don't understand how I can possibly lift effectively if I am doing so after an 8 hour fast.

I eat all the food because I feel like that will help replenish the nutrients I lost during sleep.

I drink all the water because I do not want to be dehydrated in the gym(seeing as I am breaking an 8 hour fast), plus the Green Mag and Glycergrow are creatine products.

I drink the protein to, once again, replenish myself of vital nutrients.

I know all these things sounded stupid, but I was honestly just trying to maximize the productivity of my training session. I sure as hell don't do all this for fun, it sucks.

So guys, please school me on how I should eat before an AM workout to maximize its effectiveness. Fromt when I wake up till when I leave for the gym I have about an hour and 15 minutes.

EDIT: Just saw what SL wrote, definitely check that out too.

Hilarious story man. The funniest part for me was the fact that you still decided to workout, with puke all over you and everything. True dedication.

I always worked out later in the day through most of my life, but beginning a while back, I was put into a similar situation to you and even now quite frequently I'm forced to work out about an hour after waking up. So I had the same difficulties on knowing what/how much to eat, if anything.

I think, as some people have said, you need to experiment a bit to see what works. Some options:

1. Some kind of regular meal ex. oatmeal+eggs or eggs+toast, and a coffee--I didnt really like the feeling of so much sitting in my gut, though some people seem to swear by it.
2. Eat nothing, drink some coffee and maybe some water--Some people like this, particularly if you eat a late meal the night before doesn't seem to effect energy levels
3. Similar to number 2, but drink a protein shake--This works well for me personally.
4. Eat a small amount of a easily digestible carb (maybe a small/medium bowl of cereal)--This also works well for me personally.

I think you'll be surprised how little it'll effect your strength/energy levels (if at all, it might even help) if you workout fasted or perhaps with just a protein shake before hand. You won't even be hungry once you do it a time or two (if you're worried about that).

Most importantly, if you're going to eat something, try to eat it as SOON as you get up, and not sit around a bit then eat it. Keep in mind also that liquids digest faster than solids.

As to chugging water, I'd limit yourself to 1-2 pints, and spread it out. Obviously, as you know, you don't want to be heading off the the gym with that "stuffed" sensation, albeit from food or excessive water.

Great response Cato, as usual.

I think I might try the fasted idea. Although instead eating absolutely nothing I will limit consumption to liquids and I will leave 45 minutes after I wake up, not an hour and 15. I will save the big breakfast for after my session.

I will drink water, my protein shake and my pre workout blend.

Will be pumped with this if it work since it goes against everything I believe in haha.

Top Bottom