Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workout schedule?

Burncycle360

What do you think?

Monday, Wednsday, Friday:

Morning:
Stretch (20-30 minutes)
Warmup
Jump Rope (10 minutes)
Pushups (best in 2 minutes)
Crunches (best in 2 minutes)
Pullups (as many as possible)

(then shower and eat breakfast)

Lunch/Midday:
Isometrics and stationary excersizes (like if I'm on the computer, I'll do dumbells while I chat or something, and tighten/flex my lower body muscles a few hundred times while I sit, like hamstrings and such)

Evening (cool part of the day, not dusk though):
Stretch again
Warmup
Jumprope (10 minutes)
Hit the punching bag a few hundred times, practice kicks, agility, punching, etc (geeze 5 minutes of that and your friggen ready to hit the sack!)
Pullups
Jumprope (10 minutes)

After Dark:
Situps (best of 2 minutes)
Pushups (best of 2 minutes)
Warmdown
Stretch

Tuesday, Thursday:
Morning:
(same as other days)

Lunch/Noon:
Warmup
Bench press (100 lbs, 4 sets of 15)
Leg Curls (20-30 lbs, 3 sets of 30)
Butterflys (20 lbs each side, 3 sets of 10)

Evening:
Jump rope, with weight vest (35 pounds) (10 minutes)
Pullups (with weight vest) (as many as possible)

After Dark:
Situps (2 minutes)
Pushups (2 minutes)
Warmdown
Stretch

Sat-Sunday: Break.

I haven't set any meals becuase there's no way I can know what meal I'll eat that day, it's just never worked. I'll just try to grab something healthy when I rummage the kitchen

I don't take any supplements or anything to boost my metabolism (mainly because I don't know any)

I take Vitamin E sometimes (400 IU) but I'm hesitant to take it every day since reccomended daily dose is 12 IU. My dad uses it cuz hes old and could use that much, I'm 18 probably in great shape so I don't know if I should take that much every day.

I also take a "One-a-day" vitamin, lol

I'm not trying to build super muscles. I do want to be very strong, but I don't like too much size. Bruce lee ish :fro:
This concentrates on 10 minutes of jumprope (or more) 3 times a day, because I'd like to lose a little bit of body fat

So what do you guys think? I've never really set a schedule (except for once and I didn't keep it :-\)

Ok, I'll throw my $.02 in. First of all, forget about the RDA for just about anything. It was not created with those of us who lift weights in mind. I personally take 400 i.u of vitamin E everyday, along with a multivitamin and 1000mg of vitamin C. I have never experienced any problems with that.

I personally do not think you will gain any muscle from that workout at all though. Unless you have never lifted before at all, then you will gain some, just because your body is not used to it. However, the gains will probably be minimal and you will plateau quickly. That said, unless your body is genetically disposed to getting big relatively easily, you do not have to worry about getting huge, especially doing that much cardio.

To each his own I guess. Post your current stats and a little bb history, maybe that would help.

ND

Are you looking to put on any muscle at all? I would assume that most of the stuff you will be doing you have been doing for a while with ROTC? Pull-ups, etc?

ND

Yeah. I'm looking to get some muscle and defenition for it. Kind of "Gillette" commercial type deal. Some pecs, defined 6 pack, nice arms, but form follows function, so I want to be powerful and fast (for martial arts).

At the moment I don't have much of a chest (but not flat), and I had a 6 pack (could only see 4 :( ) but now you can only really see two (I graduated in june of last year and haven't been doing much since)

Which is why I was doing such light bench press: my weight set is a cheap-o one but it's the only one I have access too. It only goes up to 100 pounds, so I'm kind of stuck with that (I could add some paint cans on the sides, hehe)

If you want to have the "Gillette commercial guy" look, you will have to eat like a horse, cut out much of the cardio, and lift heavy using compound exercises. Once, you put on the muscle you can then bump the cardio back up, eat fewer calories and get cut up. Those guys IMO are quite muscular, above average anyway.

ND

Top Bottom