Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

workout routine for my gf

immebz

Ok she is 18, 5'2" and weighs about 115. Not sure of bf% but it isnt too high.

Her goals are to be healthy and so she has changed her diet and also started working out 5 times a week. She usually does full body workouts when she works out, and she also warms up on the bike for 20 minutes before and 20 minute after.

SHe has been seeing results already jusy by changing her diet and starting to work out a lot, but i want to get her used to a good routine. I tried reading stickies and basically this is what i came up with for her.

Do 3 sets (1 set for each exercise) and 8-10 reps pretty much to failure.

Day 1: Chest/abs

Day 2: Running/abs

Day 3: Legs/Calves

Day 4: Running/abs

Day 5: Back/shoulders

Day 6: Off

Repeat

Any advice? I dont know much about training for women and the only thing i read that stood out was to do 3 sets pre bodypart with 8-10 reps, and going almost to failure. WHat kind of running shuold she be doing to lose fat besides the warmup running before and after? Thanks in advance

Heres her diet usually

Breakfast - Oatmeal OR 2 eggs w/ english muffin
Lunch - Yougurt w/ granola OR soup
Snack - Almonds OR Snappees
Dinner - Quesedilla w/ soup OR Grilled cheese sandwich w/ potatoes
Snack - Slmonds or Snappees

Also has Tea 1x or 2x a day
Lots of water
Tries to get 1 glass of milk for extra calcium (Soymilk 1%)

Welcome!

How about this routine to start.

Chest & triceps. 3 sets of 12-15 in all weights exercises. Increase the weights to heavier as you go..

Cardio & abs. Bike or ellyptical machine or incline on treadmill

Legs & shoulders.

Cardio & Calves. Do the bike or ellyptical machine or incline on treadmill.

Back & biceps.

Meals:

#1 Oatmeal & egg whites.
#2 Protein shake.
#3 Chicken or turkey or fish with salad & brown rice
#4 Same as above, but with sweet potato
#5 10 almonds
#6 Fish & vegetables.

About 30g of protein with each meal and 25g of carbs.

Welcome!

How about this routine to start.

Chest & triceps. 3 sets of 12-15 in all weights exercises. Increase the weights to heavier as you go..

Cardio & abs. Bike or ellyptical machine or incline on treadmill

Legs & shoulders.

Cardio & Calves. Do the bike or ellyptical machine or incline on treadmill.

Back & biceps.

Meals:

#1 Oatmeal & egg whites.
#2 Protein shake.
#3 Chicken or turkey or fish with salad & brown rice
#4 Same as above, but with sweet potato
#5 10 almonds
#6 Fish & vegetables.

About 30g of protein with each meal and 25g of carbs.

Hi, thank you! Couple questions...is that routine a 5 day split with days off? Like monday-friday then 2 days off then repeat next week?

And she doesnt know how to cook fish....ill tell her to get some protein like whey but would there be a good whole food substitute in case she couldnt get any protein? Thanks again i really like the routine

Hi, thank you! Couple questions...is that routine a 5 day split with days off? Like monday-friday then 2 days off then repeat next week?

And she doesnt know how to cook fish....ill tell her to get some protein like whey but would there be a good whole food substitute in case she couldnt get any protein? Thanks again i really like the routine

Hi-
She can get chicken, beef, turkey, tuna fish, egg whites, It's best to have whole foods rather then having whey all day, but she can have a whey protein once a day.

This routine is 3 days of weights training. it can be Monday, Wednesday & Friday. or any way she wants. Take 1 or 2 days off.
The days she's not doing weights, sha can do cardio.

Hi-
She can get chicken, beef, turkey, tuna fish, egg whites, It's best to have whole foods rather then having whey all day, but she can have a whey protein once a day.

This routine is 3 days of weights training. it can be Monday, Wednesday & Friday. or any way she wants. Take 1 or 2 days off.
The days she's not doing weights, sha can do cardio.

Got it, thanks. She has a torn ACL so she cant do the treadmill, only the bike machine. But she also says she cant go for more than 20 minutes without it starting to hurt, so what would be the best way to use the bike for fat loss? HIIT?

If she can only do 20 min then HIIT is the best option, sprint 30-60 sec then slower for 30-60 sec.

Fat loss is mostly about calories in and calories out.

Cardio helps to create a calorie deficit.

You said she is quite lean, so I am wondering what exactly her goals are with her body.

Women often think fat loss will result in having shapely and firm body.

That isn't fat loss, that is weight training.

Has she seen a physio or surgeon about her torn ACL?

Is she getting any physio or planning surgery?

Hi Tat, I will tell her to do the HIIT.

Her goals are mainly to be healthy, but obviously to look better also. I always thought that she should do 20+ reps until i read your sticky and read that she needs to build muscle with 8-12 reps. Shes short and she used to weigh around 105 and she looked amazing. I think she just wants to go back to that because she felt healthier too back then.

As far as the ACL, she has a personal trainer for a couple of months that is helping her build muscles around the knee to help support the ACL. I dont know if surgery is required but as of now she says she can run no longer than 20 minutes. I think she should get surgery, i dont know what else she could do?

If she cant hang with the sprints - she may not be able too for a while yet - she can do tabata's after her weight workout. It is simply choosing a high intensity exercise and performing it for 40 seconds then rest 20 seconds and so on for about 8 rounds. This way, she can chose something that wouldn't further injure her ACL and will get her heart rate up the same (promise). She could chose from boxing drills with a bag (if you gym has one - can be a standing bag), pushups, mountain climbers, fast body squats etc... (boxing is a great upper body builder!).

Wish her the best...

well i think that schedule is perfect...why dont you advice her of some .

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom