Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

workout nutrtion pre/during workout

Judo Tom

Plat Hero
Platinum
ok I cant be the only person in here who lifts, trains and then trains some more..

I am often at the gym for about 4-5 hrs getting in 1 lifting session and 2 training sessions.

I am looking for tips on how to recover and keep my energy going.

At times when I drink a protein shake I am just too bloated and its to 'heavy' to train. Especially with grappling.. someone gets on top of you and i feel like its gonna be puke city.. sucks.

Ive been thinking about trying fruit juices to get my sugar going and get rehydrated?

any suggestions.. I hate that bloated feeling :( and I hate being weak during the sessions

ok I cant be the only person in here who lifts, trains and then trains some more..

I am often at the gym for about 4-5 hrs getting in 1 lifting session and 2 training sessions.

I am looking for tips on how to recover and keep my energy going.

At times when I drink a protein shake I am just too bloated and its to 'heavy' to train. Especially with grappling.. someone gets on top of you and i feel like its gonna be puke city.. sucks.

Ive been thinking about trying fruit juices to get my sugar going and get rehydrated?

any suggestions.. I hate that bloated feeling :( and I hate being weak during the sessions

Complex carbs before and during training.. small doses can make a big deal.. Also have you tried gel packs.. I use them for triathlon.. I also teach BJJ full time... Read this: It might help..

thats a cool idea.. thanks I think I will try them out.

anyplace you can recommend for buying them in bulk?

I don't really know of anywhere to get them in bulk.. I do buy them all the time..Here they're only like $1.50 a pack... I strap em to my triathlon bike on big rides or my run belt..I like the Cliff shot Vanilla, but they are thick, and you need a drink to wash it down.. Another good trick is Bananas... "Natures Perfect Food" Your body can digest them very fast for quick energy.. By the way, I am a Judoka as well.. :)

ive tried some gu and it seems to help.. gonna try honey today and see how that works.

ive tried some gu and it seems to help.. gonna try honey today and see how that works.

Honey, might not works as well for you.. Bananas are a great source for energy..

Quick Read for you below.. Here's the source article

Isn't sugar a good quick source of energy?

No, because that quick lift is followed by an equally sudden letdown. Simple carbohydrates, such as the sugar in candy bars, enter the bloodstream almost immediately, causing a very high level of glucose, or blood sugar. This fast rise in glucose stimulates the pancreas to secrete a great deal of insulin to process the excess glucose and put it in storage as glycogen or fat. As the glucose is stored, there is a rapid drop in the amount left in the bloodstream. This lowered blood sugar produces the "sugar blues," a feeling of depression or low energy experienced 20 to 60 minutes after the initial burst of energy released by eating candy or other sugary food.

Sugared breakfast cereals, as well as candy bars and sodas, contain large amounts of sugar and may generate these erratic swings in blood sugar. The insulin is looking for more sugar to process, and you feel the urge to eat another candy bar to cheer yourself up.

Bro, I have been using preworkout powerchews as well as started the glutamine chews for recovery. I have been quite happy with the results. I recommend them.

Thanks Bro. i will give them a try. Do they help keep you going through the long hours?

Today Ill be grappling for 3hrs and teaching on top of that for a while.. tough to keep the energy going for so long.. ill try anything!

I'm a big fan of the almond butter and banana sandwich. Add some honey and you got a carb kicking pre-workout meal. Easy on the stomach and tastes great! Good for energy also

Top Bottom