Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out for gym????

also, why would doing abs 5-6 hours before a workout effect my workout? just curious... i know that having a strong core is vital for squats/deads, but would doing something like this fatigue it, even such a long time before?

all I know is once I did alot of ab work on a monday, and wednesday was my deadlift day. The time I did abs on the monday before it my deads suffered and they were alot harder than usual

all I know is once I did alot of ab work on a monday, and wednesday was my deadlift day. The time I did abs on the monday before it my deads suffered and they were alot harder than usual
I agree. You don't pre-exhaust your abs which play such an important part of deadlifts.

Plus, you're not really training your abs the right way, Josh. We've gone over this before. Static anti-rotational exercises are the most elite. All these weighted crunches, etc only end up overworking the hip flexors with minimal impact on your actual core.

coming out of a 6 month break @ 150 pounds, he deadlifted 315, squatted 275, and benched 200 easily.

i find that pretty impressive after a long break- not sure what he lifted when he was more consistent.

Yeah that is pretty impressive for a 150 lber after a 6 month break, I can't even imagine how weird it would be to not lift for 6 months though lol:cool: He might have some good advice for you, hell it is rare to even find someone our age that deadlifts and squats consistently.

I agree. You don't pre-exhaust your abs which play such an important part of deadlifts.

Plus, you're not really training your abs the right way, Josh. We've gone over this before. Static anti-rotational exercises are the most elite. All these weighted crunches, etc only end up overworking the hip flexors with minimal impact on your actual core.

i looked at your list of ab exercises and i tried renegade rows as well as some others. Do you have any favorites?

Tblock- yeah haha. He was doing 5/3/1 last time i spoke to him about lifting, not sure what he's up to now. I am going to do some light weights for big lifts and ask him to critique my form.

yea i got weightlifting too as a class i have it every other day so i actually do my workout at school every other week saves me some time but my school is on a block schedule so i have 90 min to workout instead of 45

hmm I do weighted decline situps and hanging leg raises, some times I do weighted side bends and I have done the ab wheel before. The ab wheel is the only none rotational static one I do and I admit I have done it twice and may start using it a bit more in the future but after a session of weighted situps and weighted side bends before I started using thr wheel my core was always sore as fuck and I can tense my abs and they show through at 18% bf, and without any bloat or anything like that on an empty stomach the outline of them showed through the fat when relaxed. They wouldnt do that at this bodyfat percentage if they hadnt grown or thickened since I started training so I can say the ab work I do, coupled with never wearing a belt for squats, deads, rows or presses had worked well to thicken up my abs and pretty much every exercise on your list of favourites in your log I have never done before...

hmm I do weighted decline situps and hanging leg raises, some times I do weighted side bends and I have done the ab wheel before. The ab wheel is the only none rotational static one I do and I admit I have done it twice and may start using it a bit more in the future but after a session of weighted situps and weighted side bends before I started using thr wheel my core was always sore as fuck and I can tense my abs and they show through at 18% bf, and without any bloat or anything like that on an empty stomach the outline of them showed through the fat when relaxed. They wouldnt do that at this bodyfat percentage if they hadnt grown or thickened since I started training so I can say the ab work I do, coupled with never wearing a belt for squats, deads, rows or presses had worked well to thicken up my abs and pretty much every exercise on your list of favourites in your log I have never done before...
By that thinking, why do you spend your time doing Deadlifts? People have gotten stronger and bigger doing other exercises.

Why do squats? You think guys who are big and strong HAVE to do squats to be the way they are?

By that thinking, why do you spend your time doing Deadlifts? People have gotten stronger and bigger doing other exercises.

Why do squats? You think guys who are big and strong HAVE to do squats to be the way they are?

because I enjoy them and I am competing in powerlifting so I have to be good at them

Top Bottom