Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working around sports

PickMe69

Any ideas on a split that can include my Monday/Thursday 3 hour Rugby practices and our occasional saturday games?

I've been doing 5x5 but that along with practice and my main transport being a bicycle (going 3-5 miles a day), seem to be taking a toll on my legs quite a bit. I think im gonna do a chest/arms, back/shoulder, legs split, with deadlifts on leg day.

How would you structure your week under these circumstances?

(Stats: 6'2" 190 pounds, 20 yrs old, currently in college, maxes: bench 230-240, squat 340-350, deadlift 440-450)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Well I'm already decreasing leg work by going from 5x5 to that split, but I'm thinking about adding a fourth split day where I do chest and back, I feel like I need to stimulate my chest and back twice a week to see good results... anyone else think thats a fair assessment?

But I can't give up squats and deads, no no no, that'd be like asking me to give up sex!

look into wendler 5/3/1 great for athletes who are already abusing their body a few times a week.

start with just the main lift. no accessory work. great program!

Appreciated, I've been doing the four day split I mentioned for the last two weeks and Im seeing good results, but ill look into 5/3/1 for when I switch up.

My entire body is very sore today though and I've got practice soon... ugh haha!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

i would rest a day before your game. no weights at all. once you are done with it later on you can focus 100% on bodybuilding.. you are still young so enjoy sports now. bodybuilding will always be around.

I plan on it this week, two weeks with no break day is starting to wear on me, I was really drained at practice today, but luckily it was a fairly easy practice (except for all the damn push ups for dropped balls)...

Thanks again!

Top Bottom