Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Work out question

ann

Work out question--Phem wants KB to read :)

What exercises besides sitting calves raises, will work the front part of the leg?? The part from the knee down.....

Mine seem so bony there :(

Last edited:
These muscles are your shins. I didnt' even know this was a real muscle. I would think standing calf raises would do the same. I have no idea if you can actually "build these up" or not...

I dont know either Sassy if they can really be built up.

I was thinking the leg extension machine, might work it some, in keeping your toes pointed up and flexing at the top of the movement???

Maybe just working the calves just kind of ties into that part somehow. I have been doing my calves now for the last two weeks--3x's a week. And I am starting to get somewhere now :) But the front shins......need some work :(

the anterior tibialis can be strengthened from any type of dorsiflexion, or 'toes up' movement... one guy I knew would slip his toes under a barbell on the floor & attempt to raise it off the floor w/ the top of his foot

anything similar would work as long as it was stablized & against resistance

Thanx flex..... I will definetly try that one. Glad you game me a name for that thingy(muscle) too :)

we have a machine, but i think you can use the leg press too...

just by pushing with your toes on the platform back and forth, keeping your legs pretty straight and just moving at your ankles, it works a bit of your shins....

You can also do this excercise on a cable machine. "Sit lengthwise on a bench placed perpendicular to a low-pulley cable station so that your feet and ankles hang over the edge closest to the weight stack. Grasp the sides of the bench with your hands near your glutes and have someone attach an ankle cuff connected to the low pulley around one of your feet. Keeping your knees slightly bent, pull the toes of the cuffed foot as far as you can toward your shin. Return to the start position. Repeat for reps, then reverse leg positions and perform an identical number of reps to complete one set." This was in the Muscle and Fitness Hers Fall 2000 issue.

Thanx Flaggirl.....I use to do those, but havent in a while. Thanks for jarring my memory :)

muscular development (actually it may have been last months issue had a huge (relatively) section on this... heal walking, low pulley toe flexion and special 'tib' machines all hit these muscles...

if you get shin splints you definately have to work these... (hopefully KB reads this, i don't feel like repeating :) heehe)

phem

Top Bottom