Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

women are assholes, not you girls though. just listen

Afternoon StrongChick

Congratulations on your metamorphisis.

I really think that you are onto something when you speak of your self confidence and the leading of a better life.

It's just such a shame that it takes so many of us transistioning from one thing to another in order to determine our self worth. Personally I will not allow myself to pull my identity away from what others think now. There is only one power I need to answer to and that in itself is where I truly find peace.

All too often I see sooooooo many people around me forming opinions of themselves based on how much money they make, where they reside, what they drive, how they look, who they associate with, well I could go on. These are all things that are surface and not substance.

I truly believe that if you are able to look at yourself in the mirror each day, or better yet, look into (your) childs eyes, or any child for that matter and feel as though you've given something back to the world then that is what it is all about. And I would much rather pull my identity from that than any possesion on this earth and that includes my body.

I guess I am just trying to share with all of you how happy I am to have realized this at such an early stage in my life and I truly believe that once you've experienced this kind of peace and tranquility, there isn't a whole lot that can shake you.

Don't get me wrong, I love what BBing does for the mind body and soul, but faith and loving others is where its at.

So for anyone who is struggling, w/fat loss, trying to gain mass, find the perfect routine, diet, etc... take five minutes to look at the course of your life and see if you can name at least three things you've been blessed with and then some true perspective should come into play.

Maybe one of those three things is the fact that BBing was brought to your attention. I'm extremely grateful for it. There is just too much about it that makes sense as well as making you feel good.

Anyway, I just hope no more negativity drips into this thread. We are all great people and all have a great purpose.

Like getting ripped, RIGHT...so go get m ladies!!!!

can't you hear sheriff lobo blowing the smoke off his six shooter son? you've been shot. pack it up and head on home with you tail between your legs... and let that be a lesson to ya, never mess with elites finest women.

seriously though, your comments were not helpful, they were destructive and cruel. if you can't tell the diffrence between constructive critisism and plain cruelty, don't post it at all.

Captain Awesome:

We appreciate your quentisential insight.

However, there seems to be some underlying hostility in your advice.

Care to discuss?

I think everyone deserves to be heard.

Your method is different, but hey, that makes us unique.

CaptainAwesome said:
that method i was using has worked very well for me in the past. i used to always make fun of my little brother cause he was a little chunky monkey. now he is in excellent physical condition. a person who is out of shape should be putting themself down not trying to make themselves feel like its ok to be how they are.

I'm not sure that this youthful male 'technique' is appropriate for a woman trying to lose weight. I hate to inject the gender issue here, but it seems that some men/boys improve with ridicule, while as a GENERAL rule, women do not.

In addition...is it really healthy to use ridicule vs. constructive criticism? Somehow, I believe any reputable psychologist would say constructive criticism is more appropriate.

I can't believe you are over 18, given your attitude. Experience would teach you better. I wouldn't respond to this nonsense or waste my time if I thought you were beyond your teenage years, because any adult with this kind of philosophy would have difficulty in the real world almost immediately.

If you really want to be a useful influence, read some books on how to lead and how to get along with others.
Obviously, your friends and family are not teaching you much about interpersonal communication or leadership.

CaptainAwesome said:
what books that you have read would you recommend?

Art of War -- War strategy that helps you think about what you say before you say it...more valuable as a life metaphor than a literal war discussion.

Leadership is an Art -- thoughtful prose about philosophy of leadership

How to win friends and Influence People -- practical day to day skills for how to handle people and subtly push them in the direction that benefits you most...

I have all of these books, but I don't always follow their advice..it is difficult to lead properly all the time...I think a whole person and whole life philosophy is a combination of personal experiences, reading, and common sense. If you read enough about something, you eventually do the things that will make you successful in the endeavor you are reading about out of habit. There may be better books, but these are the ones on my shelf that I have read.

I'm glad you asked, and it shows a keen interest in being better. I applaud you for that. Some of the most difficult lessons I have learned have been after swift, harsh criticism by my colleagues...but then actually listening to what they had to say after I licked my wounds.

Captain Awesome---Your the type of guy that would beat the shit out of his wife and say your doing it to straighten her out----Your little bother did not get into shape because of you---To think you have such control over someone is egotistical and selfish. The kill them with kindness is ok but it can waste alot of energy that you can use to better yourself. Any psychiatrist will tell you that in order to manage a problem or habit, you must see the negitive for what it is worth and eliminate as much of it as possible----If someone is trying to bring you down, first recognize it and then stop it in its tracks right then and there. Then avoid it at all costs. When doing this you can become a master of seeing negative energy before it even gets to you. And when you can see it, it becomes easier to avoid which will leave more positive energy for yourself and then anything is possible.

I've got a good book for you to read Captain.......
THE BIBLE!!!!!!

You must be a very abused fella if you do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I guess it is all fair turnabout!!
;)

If it makes you feel any better I get the same thing from women except that I'm 10% BF! Have never looked better or been healthier yet some woman unforntunatly have a major insecurity issue!
I really don't think it matters whether you are overweight or thin - there will always be some women who aren't happy with their bodies who will try and bring you down to make themselves feel better.
Congradulations to you on your training, there is nothing worse than someone compaling about their weight and not doing anything about it except complaing - whether they are skinny or overweight.
Try being out at a restaurant and hearing other woman say "I bet she's bulimic, she'll probably throw that up afterwards!" - hell I love my food why would I want to waste it! All i can do is laugh, because I know how much hard work we all put into our training. And that under my clothes - well hey the boyfriend doesn't complain.
For some reason God gave us some woman who are naturally bitches - so that the rest of us could use there negativity to grow and become stronger.

I agree with Blondey. No matter what you look like, there will always be insecure people around who try to hurt your feelings. These people are jealous and petty and trying to bring you down to their level. Even though it still hurts, people like this are not worth worrying about. Whatever you do, don't let them sabotage your goals. And be prepared, more people, in fact, seem to take liberty saying ill-mannered things to thin people.

Saying things like "I hate you - you're so skinny" (they act like it's a compliment, but it's still annoying), making comments when you're eating, asking what you eat, if you have an eating disorder, etc. They'll ask about your workouts, but not be genuinely interested, they just want to add in their comments that working out is selfish, or some other such nonsense.

I'm not going to lie to you, losing weight is going to be the hardest thing that you will ever have to do in your life time. It doesn't stop either, it will continue throughout the rest of your life. We are lucky people though, we learn to feel compasion for others and are able to see an entirely different view of things.
When someone says something to you turn around and thank them, because isn't it all of those people who drive us to make the most important change of our lives? Without them we might not ever be able to change.
I just want to take the time to thank every individual who laughed at me, and called me names, and said a few kind words to me and added the "but" at the end. I took all of your negative energy and turned it into something positive, something that I can be proud of. I have never been so happy in all of my life, I'm living the dream, it's my reality.
So the next time that your friend or coworker or whoever have something to say, you can smile and say thank you, because you know that your on your way the best days of your life. As for them, they'll get exactly what they deserve.

Top Bottom