Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Will whey protein survive a couple of week?

Reerenz

I am going for a hike deep up in the mountains, and Ithought that maybe I could take my whey protein with me. But theweather there is quite unstable, it can be very hot, and very cold,and it can rain. I know that you should store the supplements in goodconditions, but will one or two weeks of such rough conditions makethe protein useless, or you need to store it badly for a longer timefor it to become useless?

When they say to store your protein in a cool dry place this refers to long term storage. If you will have it in your backpack, and it will undergo some temperature changes, you will be just fine for two weeks. It won't go bad that fast.

Thank you guys - it is very recomforting to know that all will be good. And no, I am not going to pre-mix it. Will take the powder with me, and will mix with water. Luckily there are a lot of rivers for that.

Maybe there is some other supplement that would be worth taking with me to the mountains?

It'll be perfectly fine! I often pack protein powder with me whenever going on long hikes as well.

If the protein tub is too big for your bag, you can put the protein powder in a ziploc freezer bag. I then wrap the freezer bag in a black garbage bag just for extra protection. There's nothing worst then a freezer bag full of protein powder ripping in your bag and making a huge mess

Bringing some powder would be just fine as long as it is in a tightly sealed container.

Do not pre-mix shakes though. Those would go rancid.

Top Bottom