Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Will getting dress shirts tailored look silly?

tommboy

New member
I think I am too big now for my height. I'm about 5 '8 5'9 but every dress shirt I try on in large allways falls well below my crotch and looks stupid. But I can't by a smaller size because I just don't fit in it (larges are still pretty tight). Im considering buying them anyways and maybe trying to get an inch or two hemmed(tailored) off the bottom so they look like they are made for my height. Has anyone tried this? Will it look stupid, because I doubt they will be able to hemm it the same way it is naturally tailored at the bottom?
 
I've never tried that but I have the same problem with shirts. My length size doesn't fit my back and shoulders; and my back and shoulders size falls too low.
 
ask yourself if a tailored shirt looks silly and you have your answer. Does it matter if someone puts the material together before the tailor gets it?
 
I have only worn tailored dress shirts for the last 15 yrs. Once you start, you will never buy retail again. Be sure you can afford the habbit.
 
How do I get a tailored shirt before hand? I was thinking I would buy the regular shirts from the stores and THEN bring them to a tailor.
 
How much does it costs, in general, for a tailor to create a shirt for you?


The only reason I've never done this is because I figured it was pretty expensive....$100? $200?
 
u can take the shirts u already like to get tailored..... many problems in shape ppl have is they buy xxl and the bottom is way to fucking big and it looks silly. so simply have the v'd down do the bottom is cut so it looks better.
 
Jon79 is right. If its way to big around the waist it just look sloppy. Theres nothing wrong with having a tailor make your clothes fit you better.
 
Top Bottom