Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why would a fat kid want to play soccer?

jestro

Not to be insensitive but;
I coach my kids team, and every year, there is a lard ass who can't run from one side of the field to the other. Why pick soccer where you have to run the whole freakin time? Can't fatties pick a sport like volleyball, or knitting?
They think I'm going to put them at defense, so they can stand around, but fuck that, everytime they'll stand there while they speed forwards go around Mt. Blubber and take it to the goal.

big4life said:
Yeah, they should stay home in front of the TV getting fatter. :rolleyes:
Sure, you could look at it like that. It is good for everyone to get exercise.

But what about the rest of the team? They want to be competitive. And I'm not talking about chubby, I'm talking obese. And its not like they do ANY kind of exercise outside of soccer practice.

I know it sounds harsh, but this girl shows up with her fat family, you know that one season of soccer isn't going to help, it takes a lifestyle change.

She's TRYING to make the lifestyle change by playing sports.

Really great coach...really pushing people to be the best that they can be.

because its fun, and not everybody thinks about winning

do the girl a favour, pull her aside, and give her the life skills she needs. sounds like yet another case of her family destroying her life through ineptitude

jestro said:

But what about the rest of the team? They want to be competitive. And I'm not talking about chubby, I'm talking obese. And its not like they do ANY kind of exercise outside of soccer practice.

I know it sounds harsh, but this girl shows up with her fat family, you know that one season of soccer isn't going to help, it takes a lifestyle change.

As a good coach you could help make a difference. Not everyone plays to win either.

jestro said:

If its a competitive team you don't have an obligation to play her. You owe it to the team to field the best players you can get.

If its an AYSO team or any other form of "everyone plays" team then you have an equal obligation to make sure everyone gets to play and have fun.

My daughter plays AYSO and AT... one is everyone plays and the other one isn't.

mrplunkey said:
If its a competitive team you don't have an obligation to play her. You owe it to the team to field the best players you can get.

If its an AYSO team or any other form of "everyone plays" team then you have an equal obligation to make sure everyone gets to play and have fun.

My daughter plays AYSO and AT... one is everyone plays and the other one isn't.
It's rec, so I'm going to play her. The only reason we don't go select, is there is the core group of girls who have been together for years, and half of them wouldn't make it at the select level. I am too nice to cut these kids, regardless of skill level. One of my favorite players would fit into the "chunky" catogory. Theres just a limit.
I know its not all about winning in youth sports, but it's nice to have a team that can compete.

jestro said:
you know that one season of soccer isn't going to help, it takes a lifestyle change.

I beg to differ. When my son was little he played soccer for years. There was this kid who was very large playing on his team. He had all the limitations his size encountered. But he tried hard and managed several goals by the end of the season. Flash forward several years. He still plays soccer and has slimed down, to what a healthy kid should be. With your encouragement and praise to keep pushing her, you could be the key to her future success. Don't let this opportunity of making a difference in someones life past you by. That's what coaching is all about bringing the best out of all your players.

Top Bottom