Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why is mixing protein and carbs at meals wrong?

shadows

Same question as in title. What's so bad about this? Is it true for every meal or just after workout meal?

Do you mean in relation to a wieght loss diet? otherwise I have never heard that you don't mix Protien and Carbs in the same meal!

I think you must mean don't mix fat and carbs in the same meal. The reason for this is the body will use the carbs as a the preferred energy source and shuttle the fat to your love handles and lower abs.:bawling:

I never heard of it. To answer straight to your question, you can mix those two macronutrients at the same time.
Peace

I have never seen any scientific study about not eating prot and carbs in the same meal

(though I have read it in an other site...)

shadows said:
Same question as in title. What's so bad about this? Is it true for every meal or just after workout meal?

It is not true for any meal unless you are on a ketogenic diet.

The only "meal" I suggest the sep of protein and carbs is the after w/o shake. The reasoning for this is that protein will slow the digestion of the carbs (use Dextrose...high GI). So take dextrose first... wait 30 min then drink a whey protein only shake (whey is a fast absorded protein and will get to the muscles fast).

I suggest all other meals being a combo of complex carbs, lean meat and poly/mono un-sat fat. (potato, chicken breast, steamed broccoli w/ extra virgin olive oil on it. )

Mixing protein/fats, protein/carbs, fats/carb, whatever in one meal has become diet taboo legend. There's very little science behind it.

.... just as the "max 30g of protein at a time" :mad:

Top Bottom