Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why is it better to run after your work out than before?

The Nature Boy said:
it's simple really. If you run before your actual workout there is no way your intensity and strength levels will be the same. In order to build muscle, you need to tear it down with intense excercise. 30 minutes of running prior to working out will crush your glycogen levels, leaving you with a less intense workout. Plus true cardio fat burning benefits occur when glycogen levels are low or non-existant. Doing intense workouts deplete your glycogen levels, so you'd want to do workout first before doing cardio.

hope this makes sense. I'm sure the morning crew will explain it better than I have.

thx for the explanation on that nature boy, though what about in the morning it is said do cardio on empty stomach b/c you have no gluycogen so you will use fat as energy. then contradicting it says run before you lift, b/c otherwise you will use your glycogen up when running and you will use muscle as energy. i dont get it?

110% said:

thx for the explanation on that nature boy, though what about in the morning it is said do cardio on empty stomach b/c you have no gluycogen so you will use fat as energy. then contradicting it says run before you lift, b/c otherwise you will use your glycogen up when running and you will use muscle as energy. i dont get it?

I could be mistaken, but I do think you do lose SOME muscle when you do cardio on an empty stomach. It's pretty much a given. Like I said I could be mistaken. You might want to start another thread called, "does cardio eat muscle" or somthing. I'm curious too. I'm sure there will be a couple schools of thought.

BigRed54 said:

Well if you didn't notice at the begining of my post I'm talking about my g/f the whole time. She's lean but she's trying to get leaner for Spring Break. Now myself i always run in the morning on an empty stomach. And now i have her doing it also. Here Nature Boy check this out. Its pics of her. She's built good and lean but she's trying to get more toned and hard. Those pics of her are 3 monthes old, right before i got her in the gym. And she's also toned up pretty good since those pics. :p

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=beachbombhottie

show some more recent pics of her. and dude, you're pretty jacked yourself! good work.

The Nature Boy said:

show some more recent pics of her. and dude, you're pretty jacked yourself! good work.

Well we need more time till we take pics of her again. We will again before Spring Break. You gotta remember she's natural so it takes time. Now for myself I was only hitting V in that pic. And it was a year old. I'll have new pics of me before Spring Break also. The time is coming soon... ;) And I'm going to PM you with my supplements for this spring Break.

Top Bottom