Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why I love submaximal training

casualbb

Plat Hero
Platinum
Let's hear it for not lifting to failure!

Don't get me wrong, I love the kill that shit and associated mindset, I admire the dedication and would probably have trouble matching their focus and intensity in the weight room.

But by blasting the crap out of yourself you're basically ensuring that you're unable to do any other challenging physical activity.

I recently moved away from "weight training for weight training's sake" to "weight training to enhance my life and sports performance." I suddenly saw where submaximal lifting really starts to shine. Because when you work out, you certainly feel it the day later, but you can still DO stuff! Weight training right now is only 1/3 of the physical activity I do, and if I were continuously sore or drained from 10-15 to-failure sets, I would not be able to do the things that I'm trying to use weight training to be better at!

Oh, and the gains are pretty good too. Even while doing all the other stuff, including lots of cardio

I blast my shit and am fine the next day.

keep volume low, but usually go till failure.

casualbb said:
I recently moved away from "weight training for weight training's sake" to "weight training to enhance my life and sports performance."

all the more reason to be maxing on special exercises for intermuscular coordination

Training to failure on a consistent set by set exercise by exercise basis is probably the absolute best way I know of not to progress or grow. Sets taken to failure certainly have their place but it has to be strategicly applied within an overall framework. The finest work ethic will produce substandard results if the framework under which one works is faulty.

Top Bottom