Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

** Who here does DUMBBELL PULLOVERS? **

MonStar1023

I was curious as to who on this board includes crossbench dumbbell pullovers... Do you all do stiff-arm or bent-arm and for your chest or back? Do you do low or high reps? Do you all feel that theyre a valuable tool in building a massive chest or a fully developed back?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I use a barbell, something about a ton of weights supported by a little clip above my face doesn't make me feel too comfortable. When done right, straight arm pull-overs can't be beat for lats because they remove the weak links that are a hinderence in compound lat movements.

I really don't believe pullovers are valuable for anything
, when comparing the amount of weight you are able to lift with the size of the muscle you are training.

I never feel that my arms fail before my back when doing heavy deadlifts, chins and other compound movements.

Cackerot69...
Whatsup bro? You use a barbell huh? Thats crazy I think I used an ez-curl bar one time and it killed my rotator cuffs.. what type of grip do you use? Shoulder width? Stiffarm you said?

Dorian Yates said that Pull overs was one of his fave excercises. I did them w/ a barbell and it hit my tris, however didnt feel it in my chest

Yeah Monstar, shoulder width...on a straight-bar. Perhaps you had a problem with your shoulders from going too far? You really only need to lower the bar parellel to the floor and then go to perpindicular to the floor...not a huge ROM, and people often go much further than necessary.

Cackerot69

Yeah they do go way too far hah and to be honest I think its because of bodybuilders for years pushing what an "upper body stretch you get to expand the rib cage" ... like what Arnold preached for years and years and years. So I should include them in my back routine as an isolation movement right? I have a feeling the first time around thats gonna be a tough one to feel in my lats...

Do you use the same weight as you would for a dumbbell or nah? :D:D

Me me :)

I do them on my chest/back day as a finisher and good stretch. And since the movement hits both the body parts it works well. If I'm not doing the both those muscles the same day I kinda stay away from them.

I like to use the dumbell variation of the movement. I just prefer the feel of the dumbell to the barbell, and we have the solid bell's at my gym, so no chance of the thing falling on me. Anyway, I use them on back day, It is a great stretch for the lats, and works well in a superset w/ pullups, or pulldowns. This exercise truly is an oldey but a goody.
Oh one other thing this is also one movement that I feel the machine is almost as good as the free weight movement.

Top Bottom