Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who Carries a Gun?

Anyone ever cosider sawing a barret .50 cal rifle down as far as you can go and putting on a pistol grip in place of the butt? That would be phat. But you would need really strong ass wrists.

~HOUNDOG~ said:
Anyone ever cosider sawing a barret .50 cal rifle down as far as you can go and putting on a pistol grip in place of the butt? That would be phat. But you would need really strong ass wrists.

The Barrett rifle already has a pistol grip. You'd be better with a Remington 870 Police Magnum loaded with slugs or even a FN P90 5.7mm if you really want a bordy armor hunter.

What else works for passing through body armor? I got this cop next door j/k lol

Any .223 FMJ will fly through.
Body armour or BPV are for pistol or fragmentation.

And I ask myself,Why am I telling you this?

Mad

Mad4Iron said:
Any .223 FMJ will fly through.
Body armour or BPV are for pistol or fragmentation.

And I ask myself,Why am I telling you this?

Mad

Is the .223 able to pass through body armor because of it's high velocity? If this were the case then a 7.62 with lower velocity would not but I know that a 7.62 would. So the larger the round (basically anything larger than average pistol caliber) is armor defeating?

I need to know soon, I am gonna go into the bell tower above the cop shop in an hour. Just kidding!

My Favorite Carry Weapons:

H&K USP 40 Compact
Walthers PPKS .380

Concealed carry permit and with exception to work I am rarely without one of them.

Vests only slow rifle bullets down on exit :)

Level II and III are not made for rifle rounds. They are too damn fast with too much punch. A vest can stop a shotgun slug but you pretty much die from truama.

You really don't find criminals wearing vests unless they are pros. Then again, they'll be hitting something more organized than the basic "stick em up" type crimes.

For they guy with the Q about the 40. Sig and Glock seem to be the most reliable, and I have a shit load of guns. Mostly older stuff and some newer toys. The wife keeps buying them too. I can't shoot her custom mauser 7mm Mag without a shoulder pad on! I think she beats me in guns by half a dozen or so.

~HOUNDOG~ said:

Is the .223 able to pass through body armor because of it's high velocity? If this were the case then a 7.62 with lower velocity would not but I know that a 7.62 would. So the larger the round (basically anything larger than average pistol caliber) is armor defeating?

I need to know soon, I am gonna go into the bell tower above the cop shop in an hour. Just kidding!

Velocity and energy.Most vests are only rated to stop .357 or even .44 cals.The key word is stop,the bullet may not enter you but you could die from the hydrostatic shock or a broken rib driven into your lungs.(And it's happened.Yes their very powerful handguns but they aint shit compared to rifle cartridges.

Mad

Top Bottom