Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which Certs to get for results.?

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
I have been procrastinating for a couple months, and I have to stop. I have been meaning to get my PT cert and I gotta do it. I have been working with my wife at her business for over a year and there is no way I am EVER going back to a time clock and some company that wants me to care about what I do for them while paying me dick. I'm also tired of being the guy everyone asks for advice, or how to train this or that, what to do for this or that, how to eat, "please give me a diet" ect ect...tired of doing it for free:D . With all the knowledge I have about it, why not make a living being in a place I love...the gym.

anyways, the first cert is going to be the ACE PT cert. I would like to end up with at least two of the major PT certs along with a "sports nutrition" and weight loss cert.

Other than the ACE Pt, what would you veteran PT's suggest for the others?

I'm totally with you bro, Shit I get asked all day long everyday! I got a couple of clients that were insanely serious and that's why I took them on.

A brilliant man once said "if you're good at something never do it for free"
-Joker

I'm thinking I'm going to open up my own gym geared towards my own type of clientelle, and I'm prolly going to Grab the ACE to start off cause I can do it for almost free since I work for the university, but I really want some other ones to grab. So HELP US OUT VETS

PS Good luck Burn, I hope you get to be your own boss and kick everybody's ass into shape!!!

I have been procrastinating for a couple months, and I have to stop. I have been meaning to get my PT cert and I gotta do it. I have been working with my wife at her business for over a year and there is no way I am EVER going back to a time clock and some company that wants me to care about what I do for them while paying me dick. I'm also tired of being the guy everyone asks for advice, or how to train this or that, what to do for this or that, how to eat, "please give me a diet" ect ect...tired of doing it for free:D . With all the knowledge I have about it, why not make a living being in a place I love...the gym.

anyways, the first cert is going to be the ACE PT cert. I would like to end up with at least two of the major PT certs along with a "sports nutrition" and weight loss cert.

Other than the ACE Pt, what would you veteran PT's suggest for the others?

Just get the ACE and get going - everything related to how much you earn will NOT be related to your cert, so just get out there and start learning the business side of it. Let racking up cert be a fun hobby for down the road.

Good move becoming your own boss - good luck!

Thank you guys.

I actually signed up for my test last week. taking it in 2 months. I got my study materials today. I bought the biggest package they had. All the extras. The big book on every muscle and tendon and how they move and function and interact and shit is cool. I figured why not. I hate getting asked a question and not having the answer. Theres alot of shit in that box I got. I gotta bust it out and study balls to the wall starting tomorrow morning. I dont care If I have to go make $15 hr. working at a gym to start. I just want to be able to go to "work" in an environment that I enjoy.

Thank you guys.

I actually signed up for my test last week. taking it in 2 months. I got my study materials today. I bought the biggest package they had. All the extras. The big book on every muscle and tendon and how they move and function and interact and shit is cool. I figured why not. I hate getting asked a question and not having the answer. Theres alot of shit in that box I got. I gotta bust it out and study balls to the wall starting tomorrow morning. I dont care If I have to go make $15 hr. working at a gym to start. I just want to be able to go to "work" in an environment that I enjoy.

Trust me... you'll care. That newbie enthusiasm will wear quick. You will soon realize that your expertise is being pimped and you will feel like a whore.

Trust me... you'll care. That newbie enthusiasm will wear quick. You will soon realize that your expertise is being pimped and you will feel like a whore.

Trust me, If I am getting paid by a gym $15 hr then thats exactly how much knowledge they will get out of me. If that. Its about bank for me right now. Trust me, I will steal every client I can get.
Not that working at a gym would be the worst job ever, but I will not "work the floor" i will not solicit, I will not bother other guys like myself that obviously know what they are doing. Getting fired for speaking my mind wouldnt really bother me.

Top Bottom