Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey protien - need help! Thanks

eldiablo

Looked around at other posts, couldn't find what I need.

Lately I've decided to bulk up, I want to add size to my arms mainly. I'm kicking my work out up a few notches and I bought some 100% whey protien supp. It is 22g protien per serving, so far i've taken 2 servings a day.

I weigh about 165, bench 255 :-(, am 17, and eat a good amount of meats etc daily...

The question: For me, how much protien should I take and when should I take it? Is there a point where it could become dangerous due to taking too much? If so, what point is that?

Thanks in advance!!!
Zach

endurance athletes may need 1.2-1.4 g/kg of protein (0.54-0.63 g/lb)
and strength athletes 1.6-1.8 g/kg (0.72-0.8 g/lb) per pound to maintain a positive nitrogen balance (meaning that protein is being stored in the body)

Peter Lemon "Is increased dietary protein necessary or beneficial for individuals with a physically active lifestyle" Nutr Rev (1996) 54: S169-S175.

but you may want to take some extra protein if you are bulking

Thanks...

when should I take it?

Let's say I'm just going to start with 2 scoops a day of 22g protien scoops - when do i take it?

should i take 1 scoop when i wake up/eat, 1 scoop after i work out? both before i work out? after?

Appreciate it

the 2 most important times are just post workout and before bed

you should also eat proteins every 3 hours

if you are bulking and 17 take as much as possible! even 1gram per pound of body weight or more and definately after working out and before sleeping...don't forget your veggies and water too!

More important than stuffing your body with protein is carbs. When bulking, carbs play a major role in getting the protein where it needs to be, in a hurry (via insulin production). I've seen several bulking diets that call for a 60, 30, 10 split, where the 60% is carbs. At 17 years old weighing 165, you should be eating everything in sight anyway, in addition to your protein powder. For a postworkout treat, throw down a scoop and a half of your whey protein and about 4 slices of cinnamon/sugar toast. The sugary carbs will spike your insulin levels and shuttle the whey to those hungry muscles.

Happy Bulking!

Sounding good guys...

One more question:

If I'm going to be taking protien before I go to bed, should I be taking whey, or should I buy some canein for for night time, and take whey for the post work out?

Thanks!

post workout: wheu + high GI carbs

before bed : casein + fat (flax seed oil)

Top Bottom