Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where did GOD come from?(click here)

God never came from anything. God has always been here. What? No Catholics here?

havoc said:
As expected, some good replies, some ignorant ones.

Please explain to me why not believing in god is considered ignorant? If you have no tangible proof to go on what is the basis of my faith? Because some books said it's so? Or some guy on an altar tells me so? Sounds very weak to me...

"Please explain to me why not believing in god is considered ignorant? If you have no tangible proof to go on what is the basis of my faith? Because some books said it's so? Or some guy on an altar tells me so? Sounds very weak to me..."

To say that there is no God is just plain ignorance. It takes no thought whatsoever. There are three proofs that God is exists.
Here goes one proof:
God is defined as the greatest conceivable being. God is the being than which none greater can be conceived. Now let's use paintings as our analogy.
Painting A:exists only in the mind
Painting B:exists in the mind and also in reality
Now atheists belive in Painting A that God or the painting only exists in the mind. But if you believe in the definition of God, which you cannot refute, then you have to believe in painting B. This is a thousand year old proof that best proves that God exists.

dude said:
"Please explain to me why not believing in god is considered ignorant? If you have no tangible proof to go on what is the basis of my faith? Because some books said it's so? Or some guy on an altar tells me so? Sounds very weak to me..."

To say that there is no God is just plain ignorance. It takes no thought whatsoever. There are three proofs that God is exists.
Here goes one proof:
God is defined as the greatest conceivable being. God is the being than which none greater can be conceived. Now let's use paintings as our analogy.
Painting A:exists only in the mind
Painting B:exists in the mind and also in reality
Now atheists belive in Painting A that God or the painting only exists in the mind. But if you believe in the definition of God, which you cannot refute, then you have to believe in painting B. This is a thousand year old proof that best proves that God exists.

That still doesn nothing to prove anything either way. You're talking in terms of theories with no tangible proof. Isn't it odd that in biblical times all these "miracles" happened, but none happen today. Religion and belief to me is control. I don't consider not believing in god stupid. Just logical and reasonable to me...

Oh, yeah? Tell that to Madeline O'Hair.

Oh, wait you can't she is dead now. I bet she has seen god. ;)

I would like to quote Mother Abigail from The Stand (best book ever written):

"It doesn't matter whether you believe in god because he believes in you."

:D

I don't understand why some people are SO against the belief in God. What happened that made you feel this way? Believeing in God most certainly cannot hurt you, but it could harm you if you are wrong. IMO there has been way too many occurences throughout our history that CANNOT be explained by science, so do not throw the science mumbo jumbo in my face

"That still doesn nothing to prove anything either way. You're talking in terms of theories with no tangible proof. Isn't it odd that in biblical times all these "miracles" happened, but none happen today. Religion and belief to me is control. I don't consider not believing in god stupid. Just logical and reasonable to me..."

Have you proved that God doesn't exist? Are you saying you have to see him for him to exist. Let me give you an example of something that exists in this world but you cannot see it. For instance, justice exists but it is not something you can see or touch. And that brings another question, just because you can see it, touch it, hear it, etc. does that mean that it is real?

True. Justice does exist. But there is an immediate(usually)and tangible outcome from it. For instance, if you murder someone you go to jail or are executed. I'm not trying to disprove God or change anyones mind. It just isn't for me. I choose to make up my own mind and not have other do it for me. I don't need a book or rules to tell me how to live life...

Top Bottom