Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's your take on 21's

tgriff said:
Dang 61 people have look at this post and not a one as an opinion...hmm..

lol

21's good for cuttin up

every body is different

i prefer three sets of six heavy dumbell curls and inclined dumbell curls as well as pull ups

Completely worthless. They won't "cut you up", and they won't "shock the body". All they'll do is waste energy and tire your biceps which, if able to go through 21's, weren't adequately worked with proper exercises (i.e., rows, pullups, and even deadlifts).

tgriff said:
Dang 61 people have look at this post and not a one as an opinion...hmm..
Sometimes people think back to the "if you don't have anything nice to say...." and decide not to bother posting. I know the first time I clicked on it, that's what I did.

Overtraining is systemic and primarily has to do with overly fatiguing the CNS through time - it's related to load over a period (you can tolerate more over a few weeks than you can an infinite horizon - hence periodization and dual factor theory) and not diretly related to working an individual muscle and certainly not related to a rep scheme for an exercise. This is probably really beneficial for you to read. I'd venture it might very well change the entire way you view training and will probably add a ton of muscle to you. http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/PlannedOvertraining.html. After you read through that, check out the programs and topics in this thread: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375215

21s have nothing to do with cutting except that in it's inefficiency it probably burns nominally more calories (i.e. when you find some food in your teeth, spit instead of swallow and you get the same effect).

The long-term drivers for arm mass are going to be improvements in the compound lifts like heavy pressing, rowing, squatting and pulling. If there was some magic combination of sets/reps for direct arm work, there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind that the legions of dedicated arm training noodlearms would have found it. Of course the guys who spend their time in the rack squatting and pulling heavy seem to have very developed arms with no where near the dedicated direct work.

Top Bottom