Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What weight do I need?

larissssa

Wanted to get myself a couple of kettlebells for some experimantation, but I am not sure what weight is good for overall training? WOuld 16-24 kg be enough for good working out, or I need the one weighting 32kgs? 32 seems like a lot, but you never know....

Depends on your level of preparation. You should check all those, and keep in mind that you should not be just able to lift those once or a couple of times, but rather many times. Sincerely, I would suggest you to start with two 8 kg kettlebells. This way you would be able to perform symmetrical exercises employing both hands. But yet again - it all depends on your level of preparation.

I rarely see anyone using kettleballs at my gym.. they just sit in a corner neatly

it really depends on what you are using them for.. the only times i use them is with roman chairs and I use 40+ pounds.. but you can easily just get a 45 pound weight and use that instead

You will need different weights depending on what exercise you are doing. For example, a 10kg kettle bell would be perfect for something like bicep curls. However, for a movement like kettle bell swings where you are using much bigger muscle groups, you might want a 30kg kettle bell.

I would get 2 10kg, 2 20kg, 2 30kg and 2 40kg kettle bells. You have a full set of different weights to use then and aren't limited to any exercises you can perform.

It really depends on your fitness level, strength, and the different exercises you are doing. If you cannot get a variety of weights, just get something light enough for most exercises to start off.

Top Bottom