Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What kind of guys do women like?

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
Ok...I have never claimed to be a ladies man at all...and many women will stand by that claim..ha ha. I am just curious what type of men that women do find attractive and what kind of attributes they prefer. No No...this isn't your basic run of the mill post about looks etc...

I am a nice guy...I truly am. I believe in politeness and being kind hearted. Maybe it is where I am from, but I believe in using things like Ma'am, Ms, Sir, thank you very much, and just being overall nice to people. I'm nice to everyone. I am learning that most women are not impressed nor do they like or prefer truly nice guys.

I have strong moral beliefs which have cost me more than one relationship. I have never used any kind of drugs except AAS. I have only been drunk once in my life and that was actually last weekend. Funny...I'm almost 24 and have been in my fraternity for 6 years and have never been intoxicated at all till then. I go to church, read the Bible, pray, and really do care about my friends more than I do myself.

Questions...why is it when I meet any woman...they like the fact that I am very polite...but are not interested? I am not a bad boy at all...I've just never been that way. Both of my ex's went crazy because I was nice to everyone even when they were not nice to me. Can't explain it...but the Bible says if your enemy is without shelter, shelter him, if he is without food, feed him, if he is without drink, give him drink (paraphrase).

What can I say? I meet women all the time that like me because of my looks and seem to dislike me for who I am inside. Did loving and being a strong Christian become something that no one likes or something? Did I miss this in school:)

Anyway...while on vacation I finally had the chance to act a little crazy and let my hair down...and it was so much fun. Who knows...maybe I'll get a few tattoos and a tounge ring with nipple rings to match. Start drinking on a regular basis and going to bars to pick up women...ha ha. Who knows?

C'mon....let's hear some thoughts...and some good stories:)

B True

Sometime the strong "Christian" thing can be a turn off. Not the morals that go with it but ....I don't know how to explain it. First, Christian is synonomous with two things....Preaching, and Boring! No girl wants to be preached to and no girls wants to be bored. I know you are gonna say, "I don't preach to them" but when you voice you beliefs (which are great) it still seems like preaching. Just my .02.

Star

Anyway...while on vacation I finally had the chance to act a little crazy and let my hair down...and it was so much fun

What did you do on vacation? Was there something different that you did that you don't do normally? One of the drawbacks of meeting people is that that first impression is actually pretty important so you can be interested enough to stay around long enough to get to know that person more on the inside. Sometimes when you let loose a little and just have fun, that attracts people even more. People are attracted to people who are self-confident, have fun and are just "themselves".

Just a thought... or just go on vacation & stay there! :D

Hmmmmm...I went out with some friends...bought the most expensive meal I have ever eaten, got drunk, and just kicked back and hung out with some of the most amazing friends I've ever met. I went somewhere I've never been before and everything that I did while I was there was for the first time ever. I can't explain how much fun I had and how much I hated getting back on the plane to come back home.

Makes me think that there IS another life out there for me and I'm still yet to find it.

As far as me pushing my beliefs on others...actually...I try to keep quiet about them. A lot of my fraternity brothers will swear around me and then apologize to me...just try to tell them that I don't care...and I laugh at them. I don't get all worried about the little things...ha ha.

B True

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for quality (and possibly marriage), then stay true to yourself and the right person will come along. It might take years, or it could happen today. (In my case it took years, but it was worth it - of course I can say that now, I wasn't too happy DURING all those years!) You have to decide if it's worth your time to wait (possibly alone) for the right person or bide your time with a series of women you know are wrong for you. With this way though, you run the risk that the right woman may avoid you if she thinks you're already taken (or thinks you have poor taste in women :sick: ).

Anyway, it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, so don't feel bad about trying some new things. This will either confirm what you already know about yourself and just add another facet to your personality, or it could make you grow in a different direction. And don't worry too much about what type of men women like. There are all types of women, and they like all types of men, but they do prefer men who know themselves.

You can still be true to yourself and try new things. It was such a fluke when I met my husband. We met at a party, and each of us had considered not going to this party. We both hate that type of scene and thought it would be just a waste of time. So, I guess fate really had a hand in our meeting, because our paths would not have crossed otherwise.

I by no means was implying that you push your beliefs on anyone....It's just that when some people (women in particular) Hear of someone like you with such a STRICT set of morals it sometimes makes them feel like they are hmmmmm how do you say.....a sinner? Spawn of Satan...Nah, just kidding. Like they have to be on guard all the time and that's no fun (sort of like your friends apologizing for their language.) It does sound like you really need to have some fun though. Continue to let loose..Discover yourself. I bet in that endeavor you will also discover a nice girl.

Star xoxoxo

I believe that to much of anything is not good, acceptance and moderation is the answer most of the time. Accepting oneself as being just the way we are supposed to be at this time. Remember God does not make mistakes and not doing anything in excess. Okay may be once in a while... Ha Ha!!;) It sounds to me that you are a little uptight and to worried about doing the wrong thing. Remember most girls are very perseptive an someone like that no matter how good looking will turn me off inmediately :bawling:

.....I'm not a woman, but I'm gonna stick my nose in this anyway...

bftt,
It sounds as though you are a rare breed, which is good. But the trouble with rare breeds is that their mates are just as rare as they are!

If you feel that the fun on your trip was a 'First' then it's time for a personal inventory. You need to look back on your trip and figure out what it was that allowed you to have so much fun. Was it just being away? Was it being able to let your guard down and just letting go? Was it the booze and different 'activities' that you enjoyed? Figure this out and you are on your way to understanding a part of yourself that will allow you to be happy without depending on others!?

Anyway, if you want to find ladies that appreciate you as you are, then start going to the church social and singles groups. Trust me, you will be appreciated and persued by the women there....

BE

Women are a strange breed, they want in my belief exactly what you are but also want a guy to be a bit of a challenge. As someone else has said - what do you really want in a woman?
You'll meet the right girl at the right time - stay true to your morals and beliefs - it's a rare rare rare (can't stress that enough!) quality to find in a male!:angel:

Thank you everyone. It's just been a long week. Too much to explain...and don't think that anyone would believe 1/2 of it...I'm starting to wonder if I've died and gone to Hell or something....and was sleeping on the way there.

I did have a lot of fun on my trip, part of it was the company (a lot of it was actually), part of it was getting out of this small town and going to a huge city 1/2 way across the country. I've never been spontaneous before...except for going on my trip and the entire time I was there. Learned a lot too. I learned that there are tons of things to do in life. I learned that the ocean is beautiful at midnight. I learned that 5 large shots of Cognac, 1 bottle of Merlot (sp), 2 strong beers, and a jello shot will cause me to have a hangover. Most of all I learned that having strong feelings for one of your friends will end up getting both of you hurt in the long run.

What do I want in a woman? Well...at this point in my life I'd say that I'd settle for a woman to just love me for who I am. I can't say that though...my ex loves me so much that I can see the hurt in her eyes when she looks at me (trying to be just friends now). But, she is not the one for me...hard to explain. She has all of the moral characteristics that I do, family values, loves my animals, lives in a small town and talks much more country than I...but doesn't make me happy. What do I want in a woman? I have no idea...but I know that even when I meet the person that I love, and she loves me, I won't be able to tell you what I love about her...I just will.

Thank you all...thank you very much.

B True

Top Bottom