Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the shittiest job you have ever done?

digimon7068 said:
i detassled corn during the summers when i was in high school. . .it was actually fun and kind of interesting. . .lots of science at work in the seed corn industry. . .

I rogued and irrigated developmental fields for wheat seed production. We calculted out that we walked an average of 12-13 miles a day. Wheat is nasty shit too and here's why:

Leaves are serrated along the edge so it cuts the shit out of you if you aren't fully covered.
It's a living organism so it creates heat which combined with the summer heat is like being in a george forman grill.
Lots of biting insects gather under the wheat to stay out of the sun so we were like meals on wheels to them.
The tassels on wheat are barbes so once they get in your shoes you can't get them out (ie ruined shoes)
When the heads start to dry they crackle, not bad until you are in a square mile of it and sounds like tv static.
We purposely injected it with rust mold to check for resistance and that shit itches like hell.

Basically by 2pm everyday I lost the will to live. The great experiences were getting heat exhaustion and getting crop dusted by the retards in the field next to us.

I still cringe everytime I see a wheat field.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
I rogued and irrigated developmental fields for wheat seed production. We calculted out that we walked an average of 12-13 miles a day. Wheat is nasty shit too and here's why:

Leaves are serrated along the edge so it cuts the shit out of you if you aren't fully covered.
It's a living organism so it creates heat which combined with the summer heat is like being in a george forman grill.
Lots of biting insects gather under the wheat to stay out of the sun so we were like meals on wheels to them.
The tassels on wheat are barbes so once they get in your shoes you can't get them out (ie ruined shoes)
When the heads start to dry they crackle, not bad until you are in a square mile of it and sounds like tv static.
We purposely injected it with rust mold to check for resistance and that shit itches like hell.

Basically by 2pm everyday I lost the will to live. The great experiences were getting heat exhaustion and getting crop dusted by the retards in the field next to us.

I still cringe everytime I see a wheat field.

Cheers,
Scotsman

the seed corn industry is highly regulated so we did the same shit. . .early in the season (knee-high) we began the rogue-ing process to remove the impure and volunteer stalks. . .lots of walking. . .plus early in the morning everything was covered with dew so you got completely soaked. . .plus the leaves are sharp. . .plus the bugs. . .plus the afternoon heat. . .still. . .wandering through the fields with a bunch of your buds, chewing tobacco, busting each others balls, doing an honest days work. . .it was fun. . .i enjoyed it. . .kinda miss the simplicity of those days sometimes. . .

digimon7068 said:
the seed corn industry is highly regulated so we did the same shit. . .early in the season (knee-high) we began the rogue-ing process to remove the impure and volunteer stalks. . .lots of walking. . .plus early in the morning everything was covered with dew so you got completely soaked. . .plus the leaves are sharp. . .plus the bugs. . .plus the afternoon heat. . .still. . .wandering through the fields with a bunch of your buds, chewing tobacco, busting each others balls, doing an honest days work. . .it was fun. . .i enjoyed it. . .kinda miss the simplicity of those days sometimes. . .

Oh yeah I forgot the worst part I made $5.35 and hour in those days.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Oh yeah I forgot the worst part I made $5.35 and hour in those days.

Cheers,
Scotsman

yeah. . .damn migrant workers came along and took all that prosperity away from us. . .

digimon7068 said:
yeah. . .damn migrant workers came along and took all that prosperity away from us. . .

That's why I just laugh when I hear people complain about illegals taking their jobs. Most of them would rather be unemployed than make that little.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom