Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what flaw do you need to work on?

Just for the record, I don't consider ADHD as a flaw. I learned long ago that everyone has good and bad characteristics. The people that are succesful focus on the good characteristics and utilize those.

Along with ADHD comes creative thinking or out of the box/blue ideas along with lots of energy and when bridled, is a deadly and effective combination.

I have said it before, while most teachers are trying to medicate these kids and fit them in a box, it is the ones that go unchecked that are going to start the next Microsoft or come up with the cure for cancer.

Thank god for my wife who takes care of the details and allows me to do my thing. If not for her remembering the kids dentist appointments and making sure I have some clean clothes to wear, I would never succeed in this day trading business.

there's good aspects and bad.

the problem is, many of the bad aspects don't fit in with contemporary society's expectations.

Delegation helps a ton, but only if you're in such a position to do so. if you're alone or you don't have a personal assistant, then you're kinda screwed.

It's pretty frustrating when you want to function "Efficiently" and really can't because your head is spinning most of the time. There's only a few jobs i feel that are ADHD friendly. Unless you are involved in something that keeps you in "hyperfocus" mode all the time...which is probably someone with ADHD's best chance for success.

there's good aspects and bad.

the problem is, many of the bad aspects don't fit in with contemporary society's expectations.

Delegation helps a ton, but only if you're in such a position to do so. if you're alone or you don't have a personal assistant, then you're kinda screwed.

It's pretty frustrating when you want to function "Efficiently" and really can't because your head is spinning most of the time. There's only a few jobs i feel that are ADHD friendly. Unless you are involved in something that keeps you in "hyperfocus" mode all the time...which is probably someone with ADHD's best chance for success.

I started my career in accounting and was surprisingly good at it. Mundane task with hard deadlines are perfect careers for ADHD peeps.

FYI, as musclemom has warned, ADHD gets much worse as you approach 50 and beyond. I constantly have to read contracts now that are quite important. I have to hit the highlights and rely heavily on lawyers or assitants to make sure I did not miss something big in the fine print.

Well I hold myself to very high standards at anything, my problem is I also hold everyone else to the standard I set for myself and get pissed and view people as incompetent when they do not meet my expectations

Think of myself first. "working on that"
Don't allow others to get close. "might be why i creep on here more than post???"
A bit anal when it comes to my house. "cleanliness" I get pissed when others make a mess in it.
Procrastinate way too much

Whiskey

Top Bottom