Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What does it mean when your nauseated during your workout?

b fold the truth said:
Ohh...and you should NOT inhale or exhale while doing a max lift. One should hold their breath through the entire rep.

B True

Bfold,

Glad you caught this. Holding your breath, at least during the positive part of your rep, DEFINATELY! allows for greater performance.

Since you've espoused this I can now add a good 20-35 lbs on my bench just by doing this. Just be careful you don't push too hard and shoot a testicle across the room!

"Hey buddy, could you pop my eye back in it's socket for me? That last set it popped out on my cheek. Yeah. Just pick out of that vomit on my face, ok?"

Vash said:
Only time I get nauseas(sp?) is when the 40+ crowd comes out of the Aerobics room with always 3-4 of them with makeup running down to their chins .
Sounds like you need to workout harder! :spatts:

Tom Treutlein said:
Hey B, any backing as to why you should hold your breath during a 1RM attempt? I heard it's to stabilize the core, to avoid it collapsing. Just want to know your take on it.

Honestly...I'm not completely sure.

I was told that the body performs better when 70% or better full of oxygen in the lungs. It creates a bigger internal pressure as well...which equals a bigger lift.

Keeping the belly and chest full of air on the bench makes for a shorter stroke, keeps the shoulders back, and protects the shoulders that way

On the squat and deadlift...it seems to protect my spine by making my waist thicker at that moment too...

Lots of powerlifters struggle going into strongman because we have to breathe when doing the events...even the freaky heavy ones.

B True

Top Bottom