Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you consider strong?

its a relative term- different for men and women, natural and not, young and old. I consider myself strong till i see some of the women in my weightclass who have set records and i realize me being strong is a joke.

Sugarplum said:
its a relative term- different for men and women, natural and not, young and old. I consider myself strong till i see some of the women in my weightclass who have set records and i realize me being strong is a joke.

but you are strong and natty..even those record setting women use super supps
:)

wnt2bBeast said:
but you are strong and natty..even those record setting women use super supps
:)

yeah, thats true. most of em at least. there are a few who are probably natty... priscilla ribic is. i have a friend in the city who lifts way more than me... she's 55 and natty and just started lifting about a year ago. i'm gonna trip her when i see her and hope she hits her head. lol... just kidding, she's a friend.

The bodyweight thing is a tricky scale. The lighter you are the easier it is to get 2xBW. Big Gene Rychlak benched 1005lbs but that still isn't 3xBW. Whereas the guy in the 165's who got 615 is approaching 4xBW. Who is stronger well Gene lifts a lot more so I say he is. Just like people who weigh less than me and tell me they're stronger because they can do more pullups. My response is always "Let's strap 100lbs to you so we weigh the same and see who does more"

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
The bodyweight thing is a tricky scale. The lighter you are the easier it is to get 2xBW. Big Gene Rychlak benched 1005lbs but that still isn't 3xBW. Whereas the guy in the 165's who got 615 is approaching 4xBW. Who is stronger well Gene lifts a lot more so I say he is. Just like people who weigh less than me and tell me they're stronger because they can do more pullups. My response is always "Let's strap 100lbs to you so we weigh the same and see who does more"

Cheers,
Scotsman
I agree...weights in general are scewed....I know some fucking strong ass monsters that are just farm strength....never touched a weight, so they prob. could maybe bench their weight......many of the mentioned movements are learned via technique..........although strength does matter.........

JKurz1 said:
Strong by some study I read was something like this:

3 sets of 5 pullups with 10% of your bodyweight added on.....
3 sets of 50 pushups
bench 1.5 your weight
squat 2x
arms - i forget..something like 1/2 your weight x 8 strict reps
that would be strongish for a casual natty, imo.

i mean, im natty, and i do sets of pullups with 30% of my bodyweight added on, i easily bench 1.5x my weight (and i dont often bench, im a dumbbell guy) and squat for reps was way above 2x my weight...closer to 3x ...and while i think im strong-ish, i am by no means as strong as i consider some other people i know to be...let alone the roiders...one guy in particular lifts almost as much as i do, but weighs 135lbs to my 175...that mofo is strong!

Two types of strong:

real world

and

gym

Lifting actually makes me real world weaker in some respects because I am always recovering from a workout.

Strong is being able to drag out an adult elk in one day from 12,000 feet for a distance of 4 miles (one way) in rough country. Very, very , very few can drag two quarters for any real distance in these circumstances.

Last edited:
Top Bottom