Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weird hip muscle inflexiblity

casualbb

Plat Hero
Platinum
I've been having this pain/tightness in my hip area for quite some time now. I do hip flexor stretching, but it doesn't really seem to address it.

I'm doing the Core Performance workout right now (Mark Verstegen)

During the AIS 90/90 stretch (lay on right side, leftleg bent at 90 degrees, right leg straight, pin left knee on ground with right hand, use left hand to reach opposite direction, twisting shoulders relative to hips)... I felt this pain/tightness FINALLY start to stretch. Hurt like a mofo, initially felt like a burning but then felt like blood was rushing into it. Weird feeling.

Question is, which muscle is that, and is there a better way to stretch it directly?

On a side note I did nothing but flexibility training for 1 hour. It was crazy. stupid foam roller

looks like the external hip rotators

you can put one legs ankle across the other knee while sitting and put a dumbell on that legs inner knee. And let it stretch for a minute EQI style (Eccentric Quasi Isometric)

i could see where you would suggest that based on the stretch... but the weird thing was that I felt it near where the psoas was, but more starting at the top and going inside

Top Bottom