Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weight loss/gain

mena1

Hi I am new to this board. I am 5'10 133lbs. I have recently begun to get serius about weight training. I am having a bit of a problem: diet. I notice that my muscle mass is deteriorating due to the fact that I do not eat enough/ or enough of the right foods. I do not have a strict diet but know that I have to enforce one. I really do not have much energy and I am not noticing much results when I do work out. Does anyone have any suggestions in incorporating a healthy diet into my day to day routine?

(I also recently had a child)

There are plenty of healthy diets around, you just need to look for them.

Most importantly, you have to eat! EAT! EAT! EAT!

Weight training has a good chance of increasing your metabolism and at 5'10" 133lb it doesn't sound like you have sufficient fat storage to burn fat as fuel.

Your body has to burn something for all the exercise you are doing and so unless you EAT as big as you train it will start burning muscle.

Eat 6 meals a day. Protein bars/shakes throughout as smaller meals. It's a good idea to take in about 20g of protein every 2-3 hours, especially if you want your muscles to grow.

hardgainer (growing for life)

My girlfriend in college had the same kind of problem. She was a physical therapy major and was in class from 8am to 4 pm, so it was hard for her to eat enough.

She used to take my Champion Nutitrion Heavyweight Gainer 900 and mix one scoop with some cold water. It worked out to like 300 calories per mix. This way, if she didn't have access to food, so had a way to get something into her system. It made a huge difference for her. Before she tried it, she was making herself sick from working out and not eating enough. I swear she was on her way to being anorexic.

For $27 per container...a container was like (50) 300 calorie servings for her.
www.perfnutrition.com

Top Bottom