Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight lifting competition

You should never be able to bench as much as you squat, that is a huge muscle imbalance. 40 lbs. is a big difference between the two also.

How could you rep 245 but max 225 now? Were you juicing and now your natural after a long lay off? I mean that's a HUGE difference in weight right there.

And yea dude, a 245 for reps bench is a pretty nice lift. 225 for reps on squat is a joke. I did 315lbs for 10 at one point. The single on squat was on a sore knee.

No I quit the gym for about a year. Thats what I am up to max right now is 225. My legs just dont get strong. I am doing 150 lbs ATG squats.

Legs are the toughest thing for most people because most people don't like the discomfort it brings. Squat hard and you'll gain. I don't think i've ever seen someone squat hard and not squat more than they bench.

How long have you been back in the gym?

well at 148 i have:
535 deadlift, 415x15
225 paused bench, 235 touch and go
425 raw squat, 455 with knee wraps

...but ive also won a couple 'overall best lifter' awards too...

i would say 400+ dead, 350+ squat and 250ish bench would be pretty good to walk into a comp.

Keep your shoulders back and chest up. You are real squirmy. Almost like you're not used to the discomfort that squat brings. You have to stay tight. And you could go lower. You're above parallel on some reps and just breaking it on others.

You should never have reps where you stop in the middle and then explode the weight up. That's all in your head and you seem to be ducking out of the rep before you even start it.

Also, squatting 5 days a week is crazy! I squat once a week. Maybe twice depending what i'm doing.

Top Bottom