Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Gain!!!!

I would say thats probably not enough cals. I am only 165 lb but i need at least 3800 calories if i want to put on any weight. Of course I am really active and have a pretty fast metabolsm. I would increase calories slowly and see how you respond.

I hear you...

as a hardgainer I can loose 5lb in 2-3 days easy, just by not eating right.
Muscle adaptation will cause strength increase and also growth, yes.
However, for beginners muscle adaptation will be mainly neuro-muscular and involve very little growth in the first 2-3 months of exercise. This is a good way for the body to reserve energy and effort actually as muscle growth is very demanding on your bodies available fuel. And your body doesn't really know whether or not you will keep up with the exercise.

Count your protein in g's - you should eat at least 155g of protein each day for muscle growth.
Stick to a 40-30-30 diet, if that doesn't work go 50-30-20.
Focus on your strength increases - generally your muscles will grow after a certain time, after they started becoming stronger. Strength increases are something that you can directly influence through effort, dedication and intense training - growth is a byproduct that will come along in time. Focus on strength and growth will come.

As for rep range, you can also pyramid... works well for many people. Do your exercise in a rep range of 8-12 and increase the weight until you are in a 4-8 range.

hardgainer (train like a maniac, eat like a horse, sleep like a baby)

Top Bottom