Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Was hoping not to get depressed this year....

Nothing very very good or very very bad lasts very very long. To get through the very bad feelings you can begin to focus on helping others. Can you help others with these losses? Can you help your family and friends? Can you volunteer anywhere? Who can you emotionally support right now? If you begin by just focusing upon relieving other's pain, I think you may find that yours is shared, and becomes more bearable. It does not mean you "should not" feel your feelings, but it breaks up the time you are overwhelmed by them until they become less frightening for you. You cared, thus you grieve, thus you are more human. Share that humanity by helping others right now. I am sorry for your losses.
Glib Granny

Jen, sorry to hear about that. I get very depressed at this time of year as well, and am feeling sad myself. It sounds like some people here have good advice though.

Sometimes it helps me to write how I feel in a journal. It's just for me, no one else. When I'm angry, upset, sad...my journal is a great outlet for me...and man do I write some pretty funky shit!

Thank you for all your well wishes & advice!! Everyone had some really great ideas that I will keep in mind for next year.

Just talking about it here helped........

I'm so sorry you're upset. I've read all the posts and everyone has given excellent advice.

I suddenly lost an uncle back in February of 1998. We were very close; he was only 48 yrs. old when he passed. But what is strange is that our son was conceived that month. Everytime our son (now 5) does something funny....it reminds me so much of my uncle. It seems as if a part of my uncle was reincarnated into our son. So I think of my uncle often, but I don't really cry anymore. I just look at our boy, and know that my uncle is still with us.

Think of all the good times, and look around...maybe your lost loved ones are really still around you...in one way or another.

Top Bottom