Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Volume training. Super sets & drops to failure....

combat_action said:
I'm on board with Tom....Waste of time and precious recovery doing shit like cables, pushups, flyes. Heavy weight builds muscle.

again, there are two types of muscle fibers.

i want to know if anyone has had results using this type of program, i dont need people to tell me whether it is right or not.

Like a previous poster pointed out, everyone is different.

If you were even to claim that 95% of people get optimal gains with a 5X5, you are still left with 5% for whom it is not. Experiment a little and find what works best for you. Only after you have tried many different programs will you be able to look back at your results and say with confidenece "this program works best for ME."

As for myself - I seem to gain size and strength faster with volume training than with anything else.

patsfan1379 said:
im not trying to build powerlifter muscles, or fat man muscles.

the cables and flys are for sculpting movement and stretches.

the key to my routine is contraction etc.

if i dont get 8 reps on every set, so be it. the key is to fail under max weight which kills one type of fiber, then burn out with a lighter weight which kills the other fibers.

also, kill the snide comments at the end, your fucking with the wrong person.

lets all get along here. :)
they just dont know do they........whats up patsfan.

Yeah, I live by volume training, it works very well for me. Right now, I'm taking a break from it and doing DC Training, but in a few months, I'll go right back to volume. Just make sure you're eating/resting enough. Focus on progressing each week, whether it be an increase in reps or weight.

The trend on this board is 5x5/HST (not that there is anything wrong with that), so you should have expected to get a lot of the answers you've been seeing.

You can't only target one fiber type, that's a complete fallacy.

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=13;t=21

So to sit here saying you "kill one type of fiber" and then proceed to "kill the other" with a set of lighter reps is moronic.

And tadow, no, everyone isn't so different that the basic principles of physiology don't apply to them. There are universal rules to everything. Everyone is different, so does gravity not apply to you, but it does to me? No. So why is it different with physiology? Calories in vs. calories out applies to everyone as well, in terms of weight gain and weight loss. And when it comes to lifting, progressive load and microtrauma to muscles also applies, and more progressive load is possible with movements such as heavy presses while causing more microtrauma which is why (surprise, surprise!) they're ideal for building muscle.

Shit like flys and cables don't leave a lot of room for progressive loading. And your reason for doing them, patsfan, is to "sculpt" and "stretch". Okay, you can't sculpt a muscle. You can NOT change it's shape. You can make it bigger, or it can get smaller. The shape is determined by genetics. That's it. You can't develop different parts of the muscle. That doesn't happen.

As for stretching, okay, that's fine. You don't need to "stretch" that much though. Too many sets. And I don't see why you'd stretch during a training session. It's actually been shown to decrease performance. You'd be best off doing that on an off day for active recovery, in order to get blood flowing into the area.

needtogetas, get the fuck off the training boards. Seriously, you're like a fucking little parasite. Go sit on C&C and do your own little thing, because here you're lacking some of the most basic knowledge and fundamentals of lifting and you can't even begin to contest with anyone.

Tom Treutlein said:

So to sit here saying you "kill one type of fiber" and then proceed to "kill the other" with a set of lighter reps is moronic.

And tadow, no, everyone isn't so different that the basic principles of physiology don't apply to them. There are universal rules to everything. Everyone is different, so does gravity not apply to you, but it does to me? No. So why is it different with physiology? Calories in vs. calories out applies to everyone as well, in terms of weight gain and weight loss. And when it comes to lifting, progressive load and microtrauma to muscles also applies, and more progressive load is possible with movements such as heavy presses while causing more microtrauma which is why (surprise, surprise!) they're ideal for building muscle.

Shit like flys and cables don't leave a lot of room for progressive loading. And your reason for doing them, patsfan, is to "sculpt" and "stretch". Okay, you can't sculpt a muscle. You can NOT change it's shape. You can make it bigger, or it can get smaller. The shape is determined by genetics. That's it. You can't develop different parts of the muscle. That doesn't happen.

As for stretching, okay, that's fine. You don't need to "stretch" that much though. Too many sets. And I don't see why you'd stretch during a training session. It's actually been shown to decrease performance. You'd be best off doing that on an off day for active recovery, in order to get blood flowing into the area.

needtogetas, get the fuck off the training boards. Seriously, you're like a fucking little parasite. Go sit on C&C and do your own little thing, because here you're lacking some of the most basic knowledge and fundamentals of lifting and you can't even begin to contest with anyone.

listen man, im not here to argue with you. why the hell do you have to iunsult the thread with snyde comments, and the notion that my mindset is moronic?

Tom Treutlein said:

wtf are you saying.look at what you just posted.and then you try and back it up with a quote from another bord.I have bin lefting all my life and I was a army areborn ranger as well as a cook.I think I know something about tranning and feeding the body.the shit you said is the most fucked up thing I have ever herd.you cant sculpt a muscle.there is only one tipe of muscul fiber.it looks to me like youre the one who is stuck on basics and has allout to lern.l.o.l@cant sculpt a muscle

I never said there's only one type of muscle fiber, douche bag. Learn to read. You can't select only one type of muscle fiber to train. Also, the link I posted is based on peer reviewed evidence. Where's your studies to back your claim? Oh wait, you have none. Fucking moron.

Yep, you heard right, you can't sculpt a fucking muscle. The shape is determined by genetics. Physiology 101. People like you need to be burned alive in an oven. :)

Bin lifting all your life, huh? Awesome. :FRlol: Wow, idiocy spreads like a fucking wildfire, doesn't it? The Spartans had the right idea in killing off the inferior. Tell me, did you take a bullet to the head or something? Is it still lodged in your skull, Mr. "areborn" ranger? :FRlol:

LOL this is some funny shit.. you get 'fat man muscle' by eating at Wendys, not in the gym by doing low reps. Get a 500lb+ raw bencher to diet down to single digits and he should look pretty good... you'd think.

training aint complicated, add weight to bar, food to plate, get big. All that superset googly-boogly and iso work will pretty much guarenteed burn you out and stall any progress you might be making right now. focus the energy on getting you basic lifts up another 25-50lbs each and see what happens

needtogetas, please go back to c&c

Top Bottom