Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

VLC is doing a figure competition!!!!!

VeggieLifterChick said:

She measured me at 24.5% bf She said that, eyeballing it, I would need to lose about 10-12 lbs of fat.

Well, if you weigh 125 or so, I'm guessing, then 12 pounds of fat is only a drop of 9% bf - which will put you at 15% which is not nearly lean enough......

Cornholio, just to reiterate, this is a Figure contest, not fitness. She said that figure is not supposed to be as ripped as fitness, and that they don't like to see striations or each ab muscle poppin out, etc. In her words, fitness is much more like bodybuilding as far as the physique goes. Figure is more like 12-15% bf where as fitness is like 9-12%. I know that figure grew out of fitness but the target physique is different - fitness and figure are not judged by the same criteria, in more ways than just bf%.

That said, I am more concerned with how a given bf% looks on me than the number itself. If 15% doesn't look lean enough then I will definitely cut down further. I have 15 weeks to accomplish this in, and I will not go up on stage and embarass myself by not looking lean enough. I suspect that I'm going to look pretty lean at 15% because of the way I carry bodyfat.

Of course, this is my first figure contest, and I am going largely by the physiques I see in magazines and by of course what the trainer (who I am paying) tells me. If anyone here has experience doing figure or is familiar with how it is judged then I would love to hear about it.

There is a big thread on this, it's what the judges want, around here lately, they want the figure girls to look just like the fitness girls, but without a routine, go one state over and they want the figure girls to be about 1%-2% "fatter" than the fitness girls, meaning, you eat a little more carbs before you go on stage :) Be sure to go to a few figure shows, because the girls are almost ripped :) You are going to have a blast getting there, I took first place in my fitness show and the best part was getting there, the show wasn't that much fun :) :) :)

VLC - there is a lady at my aerobics instructor bulletin board who did a figure comp. There are pics of her at the comp (on stage with the other competitors) if you want to access that site. - e-mail me for details. I'm pretty sure she won.

Top Bottom