Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vertical Jump Routine

maybe

So it's officially winter break and I need something to fill up my time besides looking for a summer internship. Increasing my vert is what I came up with. I'm 20, 6'2", about 170-175 and 9-11% bf. I try to lift while I'm at school at least 3x each week and I play basketball at least one or two afternoons. I have no way of measuring my vert as is, but if I had to guess, it's somewhere between 28 and 32 inches. I can dunk a basketball, but not nearly as easily as I'd like. Anyway, here's the routine I came up with (it's a combination of a couple different training styles)--basically Olympic style + Power lifting + vert training. [(sets)x(reps)]

Monday: Squat Day
Box Jump (30") 5x5
Hang Clean (form needs work) 4x6
Front Squat (Olympic hold)
2x8
2x5
2x3 (my last 3RM was 185, which is certainly lower than my back squat 3RM, but I am much more confident in the ROM I get with Front Squats...also they look cooler)
Bulgarian Split Squat 2x8 (ehh, if I have to defend this, I wanted some unilateral leg work in here somewhere)
Calf Raise 4x12
Abs

Tuesday
Basketball and/or Kettlebell Swings --> I figured endurance in the Hams and Glutes couldn't hurt
Jump Soles routine

Wedneday: Upper Body (maintenance, I guess)
Barbell Bench 4x8 (my 3RM is somewhere around 185)
ss w/ BW Dip 4x8
Barbell Row 5x5
BW Pull-up 3x10
Push Press 2x8
High Pull 2x8

Thursday
Basketball and/or Kettbell Swings
Jump Soles Routine

Friday: Deadlift day
Broad Jump 5x5
Lateral Bounds 4x6
Olympic Snatch (getting better at this and really enjoying it)
4x4
2x3
Deadlift
2x8
3x5
2x3 (my last 3RM was 300)
Calf Raise 4x12
Abs

Saturday
Rest

As you can see, I tried to incorporate some power moves in each day (push press, clean, snatch) alongside the tried and true power lifitng moves. Anyway, critique away! I'm interested to hear what a forum on a website like this might produce in terms of vertical jump advice. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You can add stadium work. like hop up stairs with one leg, both legs, and jump up the stadium as fast as possible.

And maybe some lunges

Olympic lifts. Snatches and clean jerks....never tried them myslef but from what I've read they are great for athletes to improve explosiveness.

From My Droid!

Top Bottom