Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vegetarian needs help gaining some weight!!

VeggieMan

Height: 6"2"
Weight: 125 Pounds...

I have been a vegetarian all my life, and am naturally slim due to genetics. However i am desperate to start gaining some weight, people joke about my weight all the time, i realize they are kidding but when you hear it all the time for years it gets old. Other then that i am at an unhealthy weight for my height/age. I know nothing about working out, never have, nor eating right. thats why i am making this post, any diets or supplements or workouts that could help me gain weight or muscle?? any information or help would be extremely appreciated! thanks!

Some calorie dense foods would be legumes,beans, nuts, seeds, olives, and avocados. Carbs such as sweet potatoes, whole grains, rice, etc. Beans, cauliflower, Roasted Pumpkin, Squash Seeds, lentils and nuts are high in protein. Do you eat fish or dairy? Vegan? there are essential amino acids that cannot be produced by the body. They are found in protein-rich vegetables. If you are a vegan, it is important to vary sources of high protein vegetables since every source may not contain all the different necessary amino acids.

Bro if you don't eat meat get plenty of eggs down your neck, dairy too if you don't have a problem digesting it. Full fat milk non of that skimmed stuff, you really don't want to worry about putting on fat at the moment! Everything 2hd said is right too.

You'll need to start working out to build more muscle (I can't imagine you just want to get fat!) start with a fairly light total body workout routine 3x per week and gradually increase weight and time spent training. You can get plenty of ideas on training routines etc in the weightlifting forum :)

Here read this, full of good info and tips on eating well for mass. putting on weight is about eating more calories than you expend each day. Eat like a 200lbs man and you'll turn into one.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...-build-muscle-loose-fat-then-read-712503.html

Last edited:
yea, protein.. doesn't matter how you get it, but you need muscle.. you have none..

when i was 18 i was 125 5'9.. so i know how thin you are.. at 19 i was 150 with 28" waist... so, eat 200g protein a day.. your choice of what source you get it from..but that's a lot of tofu..

Thats going to be hard being a vegetarian. Lots of protein... Meat helps so much but you van still do it

Sent from my VM670 using EliteFitness

it's his choice, it's like gays wanting to have same sex sexual relations and still wanting to have a child...

No i get that. I was just curious because i have heard some pretty stupid reasons for not eating meat. Like pork will give you worms...ect... (and shit like this from some supposed "educated people")
While I disagree with not eating meat I'm not trying to criticize him for it.
Its his choice. I actually dont eat any veggies. At all.

Top Bottom