Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vasectomy

I did it a few years ago. The procedure went about as smooth as can be. I was in and out in about 20 minutes.

First we (wife & I) had to attend a short group counseling session regarding the procedure, dangers, recovery etc., followed by a brief exam to ensure that I was physiologically a good candidate. I had mine done at a military hospital, so a 30-day "cooling off" period was required. After the procedure I kept the area iced for a couple of days. There was some bruising and discomfort for a couple of weeks during healing, but nothing serious. About six weeks later I had to provide a sample to ensure success. I highly recommend it if you already have kids and are looking to end the line.

Someone here said it wasn't reversible, but that isn't true. I've got two friends who have had reversals in the last two years, and both were able to get their wives pregnant within a few weeks.

B-Mac

tarzan21 said:
im thinking of having a vasectomy, has anyone here had one, how did it go. any comments welcome

If you want a horror story......PM me. If you don't want to hear it just take my advice for what it's worth! Have it done by a Urologist in the hospital. Don't do it in the office!

I had it done By Kaiser. Cost me $15. I think I was there for about 30 minutes and 15 of that was waiting for them to call me in.
The procedure required one incission and no stiches. I drove my 5 speed truck home 40 miles afterward.

I was told to take it easy and not work the next day. I took the day off and iced the area every 4 hours or so like I was told.

Was back to work the next day.

I never felt any pain and after the long wait I came up negative for two consecutive samples. ( I loved going in there with my little bag and the girl would say whats in the bag....)

The doc that did it had done many procedures and had a great success rate.

Everything is as it was except I cant get a girl pregnant. I love it.

Thanks to all for the replies, im going to go through with it. ill let you know how it goes. maybe some pics too LOL.

A vasectomy is reversible...just to let you know! :)

But...if your wife got her tubes tied...that is also reversible.

tarzan21 said:
Thanks to all for the replies, im going to go through with it. ill let you know how it goes. maybe some pics too LOL.

A littel more advice for you Tarzan...and I know this is going to sound rediculous but after you have it done or before you have it done, go to the grocery store and buy two packs of frozen green peas and use this as an ice pack. Believe me, it works a hell of a lot better than an ice pack. I don't know why but it does. Use one pack while the other is freezing in the freezer and keep alternating the two until you don't need to use an ice pack.All of my friends that have had it done, I told them to do this and they said it was easier to deal with than an ice pack.

Plus you can eat them when you are all done, if you want to but that's your choice!;)

Top Bottom